Sysdrv.sys error

G

After installing the windows updates for XP and restarting my computer everything worked fine until after I logged in. All the normal bootup programs started to load and then came the blue screen , i remember it too well from earlier versions of windows. Anyways it says the error is in sysdrive.sys and to just restart my computer. Upon rebooting and logging in I discoverd the same thing happened again. Now the only way for me to get my computer to let me login without giving me the blue screen error is for me to press F8 when windows first starts and to pick last known good configuration from the boot menu. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to get my computer working again properly? I would hate to have to format and lose all my files and such. Thanks in advance for all the help and if I can provide any more specific details that would assist with your help please dont hesitate to let me know.

Techinal Information

STOP: 0x0000008e (0xC0000005, 0XF98B3627, 0XF0479C88, 0X00000000

sysdrv.sys - Address F98B3627 base at F98B3000, Datestamp 3FAF20CE

Ask a Question