Switch to Windows XP

Library

Lets all switch to Windows XP(or downgrade). It'll make your life much
easier. We haven't upgraded 1 computer in the whole network yet. Reply with
your experiences!

Access Services
Martin Luther King Jr. Library
San Jose Public Libraries
(e-mail address removed)

Access Services

Lets all switch to Windows XP(or downgrade). It'll make your life much
easier. We haven't upgraded 1 computer in the whole network yet. Reply with
your experiences!

Access Services
Martin Luther King Jr. Library
San Jose Public Libraries
(e-mail address removed)

forty-nine

Access said:
Lets all switch to Windows XP(or downgrade). It'll make your life much
easier. We haven't upgraded 1 computer in the whole network yet. Reply with
your experiences!

Access Services
Martin Luther King Jr. Library
San Jose Public Libraries
(e-mail address removed)

Getting bored at the library ?
Try reading.

Bill Yanaire

OK. Come over to the house, back up all my crap. Then YOU can do the
install.

What time shall I expect you?

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Why?
Windows Vista perform well on two older computers of mine.
Downgrading to Windows XP would be a negative with few if any
benefits for me.
And that would NOT make life.

whether you upgrade or not has absolutely no bearing on my or anyone
else's needs.
If what you have performs as you need, you have no need to upgrade and
I doubt many will tell you otherwise.

Circ Library Notices

Is this a joke??

Everything I write is true; if you don't believe me, well call 408-808-2000
and ask whether or not we upgraded to Vista yet...

David

What's your point? Lot's of people have upgraded and lots haven't. To each
according to his own desires and needs>

What should anyone care what your library has done?

Puppy Breath

Eeeks! Heaven forbid. Vista totally rocks when you know what you're doing
and have the right hardware.

jean

I'd sur elove to do that...been looking on info of how to do it. I've had
nothing but trouble.. everything I owned was not compatible.. I bought myself
a laptop for Christmas and made sure i put xp on it.. Now t he vista is just
collecting dust and it's not even a year old!!

Just.some.guy

I have a laptop computer with Vista home premium, and a desktop with Windows
XP, and I'm satisfied with that arrangment. So there!

DarkSentinel

Just.some.guy said:
I have a laptop computer with Vista home premium, and a desktop with
Windows XP, and I'm satisfied with that arrangment. So there!

If more people understood the premise of...

"Use what works best for YOU, and makes YOU most productive",

we wouldn't get threads like this. Personally, I could care less if people
used Goobertronics Buttmonkey OS, or whatever. As long as it gets what you
want to get done, why gripe or post tripe about other people's choices?

KevinD

I agree, I would absolutely NEVER go back to XP. My company deals with
Banks as our Customers and the more progressive institutions are starting to
migrate. Then there are those still trying to limp along on Win 98 / 2000.
Man I hate that!

Personally Vista has opened a world of entertainment with eye popping
graphics in my home that makes my neighbors drool with jealousy.

DarkSentinel

KevinD said:
I agree, I would absolutely NEVER go back to XP. My company deals with
Banks as our Customers and the more progressive institutions are starting
to migrate. Then there are those still trying to limp along on Win 98 /
2000. Man I hate that!

Personally Vista has opened a world of entertainment with eye popping
graphics in my home that makes my neighbors drool with jealousy.

For me, the graphics don't mean anything. What concerns me is that it does
everything that I need it to do, as good or better than XP. As I always say.
Use what works best for YOU, and makes you most productive.

bandi

I hate Windows 7. If I had to do it over, I would never switch from XP.