SVHS display problem

Reaction score
Wont go into much detail but will try answer as we go along.

Having problems displaying an output from a Laptop to a LCD screen being used for karaoke. The display is via a Sony Vaio via the SVHS port using a svhs to RCA socket then onto the screen. All I am getting is a monochrome picture. Now i'm usually quite good at solving these kinda problems but i'm a bit flumuxed at this one.

Now i'm not sure if the Laptop has a NTSC/PAL output option because I havent seen it yet so cant confirm. I do now the svhs to RCA is ok because I used it on my TV just previous to test with my Xbox and got full blown colour. I did do some reading up and found that some tv's cannot display full colour via a svhs signal because some of the gamma/luminence data is lost so i'm presuming that the LCD monitor my hav a OSM to allow the changing of this. However I cannot understand why when my friend tried it on his TV at home it still did not work as it is a modern TV. Do laptops have a PAL/NTSC option on them or could it be simply that he has not setup the Dual monitor display on the laptop correctly?

Any suggestion? We need it sorted for Sunday evening.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the PAL/NTSC thing shouldn't be a problem, AFAIK its just different frame rates

i think its something on the laptop itself thats not right

Reaction score
Nah the laptop is fine. Hd to go to maplin get an adaptor unfortunately.

Anyway all sorted now cheers anyway ;)

Ask a Question