Strange Problem with Windows Installer

TomG

I have XP with SP2, and have had no problems. Last night I installed an
addon for Microsoft FlightSim '04 as I have done many times in the past
with no problems. The Windows installer opens and does its thing. The
install was successful and the new program works fine.
Upon rebooting however, as the desktop comes up, the little
installer window opens up and tries to install Roxio CD Creator 7 which
I have had installed for years! It keeps prompting me to insert a disk,
and after hitting cancel several times, it finally stays closed. I
rebooted again, and the same thing happens every time.
I later tried to right-click on my C drive icon to check the path
of a program in My Computer and the little install shield window
opened again, each time. Again I had to hit cancel several times.
You've helped me with some strange Windows problems in the past, any
ideas on this one??? Thanks. Tom

TomG

'thecreator[_2_ said:
;3140099']Hi TomG,

Give it the Roxio CD Creator 7 Disk. Reboot and test th
installation
again. If you have the same problem, then uninstall Roxio CD Creator 7

reboot and reinstall only after you manually delete all the files and
sub-folders in your \Temp Folders.

If you haven't been cleaning out your \Temp Folders, then runnin
Disk
Cleanup, this could be a large part of your problem.

Running Disk Cleanup, may not clean out your \Temp Folders
automatically, which is why I recommend manually deletely the files an

sub-folders, using Explore.

--
thecreator

"TomG" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

[...]

Thanks Thecreator.
I did as you said and gave it the CD. It went through the whole proces
and gave me the option of install, uninstall, or repair. I selecte
repair since I already had it installed and would rather not uninstal
unless it was necessary and after it checked the installation, i
allowed me to exit and I guess that made it happy, cause the proble
was fixed.
The only temp directory I have ever cleared was the internet one
What other ones should I clear and where are they? Thanks again. To

TomG

'thecreator[_2_ said:
;3140383']Hi Tom,

E:\Documents and Settings\TomG\Local Settings\Temp
E:\WINDOWS\Temp

Disregard the Drive Letter. I have Windows installed and running
from my
Partition / Drive E:\.

Not all folders or files can be deleted, especially the ones in
use.
Once deleted, run Disk Cleanup program.

--
thecreator

"TomG" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

'thecreator[_2_ Wrote:-
;3140099']Hi TomG,

Give it the Roxio CD Creator 7 Disk. Reboot and test the
installation
again. If you have the same problem, then uninstall Roxio CD Creator
7,

reboot and reinstall only after you manually delete all the files and
sub-folders in your \Temp Folders.

If you haven't been cleaning out your \Temp Folders, then running
Disk
Cleanup, this could be a large part of your problem.

Running Disk Cleanup, may not clean out your \Temp Folders
automatically, which is why I recommend manually deletely the files
and

sub-folders, using Explore.

--
[...]

process
and gave me the option of install, uninstall, or repair. I selected
repair since I already had it installed and would rather not
uninstall
unless it was necessary and after it checked the installation, it
allowed me to exit and I guess that made it happy, cause the problem
was fixed.
The only temp directory I have ever cleared was the internet one.
What other ones should I clear and where are they? Thanks again. Tom

Thanks thecreator,
I'll get right to deleting those temp files, and thanks again for
helping me out. Regards, Tom :)