Windows XP Stop Internet Explorer 'clicking'?

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I still have to use Internet Explorer to access my university's web site, as it wont work with Firefox (My Preferred browser).

My problem is that annoying audible "click" IE make whenever a new window/page/frame opens or reloads. Is it possible to turn this crap sound off? If so, how do I do it?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me on this one, as it really is driving me crackers.

Reaction score
Hmmm no idea about IE unfortunately.... but you might try the newest OPERA web browser. I use Linux exclusively, and don't have access to IE, and I had just one or two websites that i visited that refused to work with anything except IE. I was pleasantly suprised when I tried the newest version of OPERA, that they now worked with it. :) Firefox is my prefered choice too :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio devices

Click the sounds tab, then scroll down to 'Windows Explorer' and highlight 'Start navigation'

Use the drop down where it says 'Start' or 'Windows Start' and choose '(none)' instead.

:D

Ask a Question