DSCF2357A.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 448
  • Sign.JPG
    Sign.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 398

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Lovely photos Niv, but brrrr, it looks really cold there:nod: Wonderful scenery, isn't it. :nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

All pics taken on Wednessday 7th.

This one at 2am in the morning, its a holly bush in me garden and it were snowing.

attachment.php

No w someone was asking about zoom. This is a pick looking down into Kendal in the valley.

Look to the left of the pic and see a dark conical tree.Come back lightly right and you will see a darkish shadow with a white patch below it. That is Kendal Castle, you will see a zoomed pic of it later.

The Cannon Powershot S1 SI only has a 3.2 megapixle resolution but has a 10 x optical zoom. At least you will see what pics look like in real time.

attachment.php

Slightly zoomed.

attachment.php

More zooming.

attachment.php

Here is the zoomed pic. At Full zoom, I'm suprised it came out so clear.

attachment.php

No zoom.

All the above were taken from the same spot.

attachment.php

Looking down into Grassmere. No zoom.

attachment.php

Rydal Lake from across a wall at the roadside. More examples of the zoom in action.This is a luverly pic in full resolution and size.

attachment.php

The lake was pretty much frozen over as it is quite shallow here.

attachment.php

All the pics were taken within half an hour of each other within a 15 mile radius. just shows travel a few miles here in the lakes and you get different weather.

happywave.gif

Shame I can not post full size pics as you loose a lot of detail shrinking them and I'm not that clued up as to shrinking them in the best way yet.

Forgot to mention. Most of the shots were with ISO 50 settings a couple were with ISO 100 or 200. Don't ask me anything else as I have only just started to read the manual.
laughingsmiley.gif

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 448
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 426
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 404
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 464
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 458
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 431
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 439
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 406
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 424
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Those are lovely pics Abarbarian :thumb: Aww those poor horses, have they got a shelter of any kind? They must be freezing.

The landscape is beautiful. They would be lovely as desktop "wallpaper." :nod:

Reaction score
Sorry no Photos, but it was VERY cold & icey on Ashdown Forrest this morning.

Reaction score
Awsome pics Abar..Are those your horses..? Shame por things should be rugged up in that kinda weather..

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Those are lovely pics Abarbarian :thumb: Aww those poor horses, have they got a shelter of any kind? They must be freezing.

The landscape is beautiful. They would be lovely as desktop "wallpaper." :nod:

Just for you Taffycat. Took me ages but I finaly worked out how to host some pics. How you download them if you fancy any of them I can not say but it should be pretty easy. These are full size pics and there is a slide show feature which is neat.

http://gallery.atpic.com/24579

Enjoy.

Nope horses not mine Max, be nice if they were and I would treat them well if they were mine never fear.

happywave.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I have just been over to view them Abarbarian, :D they look wonderful at full size, :nod: I also tried viewing them at the largest setting 2048x1536, which was, of course, bigger than my 19" screen, but great to pan around. That scenery is really breath-taking, just imagine seeing that every day! Er, well, I expect you do, lol, but you know what I mean. Thank you for posting them.

Just wondering... do you happen to know what the small, square pens (in the Grasmere pics) are used for? I can see two of them in the field, but nothing actually inside them?

:wave:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
They are Fairy pens Taffy. Cos the fairies are so small each of them pens surrounds an entire fairy village. They are not to keep the faries prisoner, no no no way. They are to stop tourista from trampling the villages to dust.

:p

Mind you a lot of folk mistake them for tree protectors. You know the sort that you usually see in parklands around stately homes.

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hmmm... and we certainly wouldn't want any fairy villages being trampled under foot, would we ...not when their numbers are dwindling so much these days. That's because there aren't enough of these protective pens, do you know, we haven't got any around here, so I think I'm going to complain to the Council about it.
125.gif

Ahem... moving right along... ah! I see, tree protectors! The ones we see around here, look a bit different. They're usually the ones that look like long-ish toilet-roll tubes. But thank you for settling my curiosity... that can kill cats, you know.
116.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
The plastic tubes are usually for cheaper trees or trees in a non critical situation ie: where it don't matter if a few don't survive. The pens are usually for a situation where you want to make sure that the tree will survive, usually for exotic or long lived trees. The pens cost quite a bit to errect as they are fairly stoutly made with an expected lifespan of about ten years.

Mind you they are also used as nursery pens for Ents, but shhh as thats a pretty well kept secret, wat wiv Ents on the endangered species list an all. Don't want to attrack the attention of Ent poachers so shhhhhhhhhhhh.

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh!!!! Here in leek country, we don't need pens for our infant Ents, the young 'uns are all watched over by this fella...
Ent.jpg

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Now that the snow and ice have cleared away we will be able to get the ambulances, and men in white coats, through to collect all the people talking about fairies and Ents. ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You should have posted earlier as I drive for the ambulance service an snow an ice don't stop us guys. So where does Taffycat live again , I'll get right on it, just have to dust of me white coat.

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
You should have posted earlier as I drive for the ambulance service an snow an ice don't stop us guys. So where does Taffycat live again , I'll get right on it, just have to dust of me white coat.

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Taffycat is in deep camouflage, hiding in a cave in the hills... the Ents have agreed to provide their protection....
:lol: :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Rapidly cuts white coat into flag and ties to stick. Truce he cried waving aforementioned flag. Cancell me last post.

I ain't messing with them fearsome Ents.

Taffy go home. You know that sounds like a film title.

happywave.gif
(whith flag smilie)

:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

Snowed last night lawn was covered in white stuff. You can just see some left in the background as it is rapidly mellting.

attachment.php

So I thought what can I do in this cold weather. Set up me tripod and tried out me new infra red remote. This was while I was having a tea break from fitting me new heated towel rail and underfloor heating in me bathroom.

attachment.php

Hmmm looking at the pics I might need a new saet for the toilet aswell as some paint and tiles.Darn more expense.
Still I'm looking forward to a luverly warm bathroom.

:D

I'll post more pics of work in progres As I know you lot are fascinated and amazed by my inovative DIY projects.

laughingsmiley.gif

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 272
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 213

Ask a Question