Have you got much snow yet?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It began to snow heavily here, around 2 pm today, and has been "sticking" since soon after.

We had a vet appointment at 5 pm, but had to turn back, because conditions were just too bad. When we rang the vet to let him know, we were told that people were having to cancel from all over the place.

It is really quiet - just the occasional police siren. Road gritters have been out, but mainly seem to be concentrating on gritting corners/bends, rather than the whole road.

So how are things where you are?

:wave:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
On my way to Esher at 3am to do a break down there were a few flakes that came down. But I don't think the snow is going to hit us Southerners till next week. The longer it stays at bay for me the better. Nothing worse than working on heavy machinery in driving snow. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
No snow.

I prefer it that way.

We have had some very cold spells, there has been a roaring trade in thermal underwear, particularly in the brass monkey outfitters on the high street.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
particularly in the brass monkey outfitters on the high street.

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

Reaction score
It's bloody freezin over in here in dublin the past few nights...cars are all frozen and need scraping but no snow. I reckon its not far off.

Reaction score
Was none on the Wirral today. As soon as I got to Northrop it was everywhere

Looked very pleasant however as far as snow goes ya can keep it

Reaction score
None of the white stuff here in Kent just heavy frost I think East Kent by the coast may have had a flurry but nothing to speak of. It is darn cold though -3 at the moment but feels colder.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
captain zed said:
I have to bleed me rads tomorrow.....just in case they're holding back on the heat lol.

Will have to do mine, or should I say my whole system, boiler,plate exchanger etc next week. From 1st to 4th we wil have no water. Thames id replacing stuff

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Under covers at the moment with my trusted Laptop, temp 39 F By your standards we should be sizzling....:D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Got work soon and snow is a couple inches deep everywhere, roads, roofs and cars! Great to be working outdoors on a saturday morning!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
not surprised you got snow TC, you live on a mountain ... :p

you need a shovel :lol:

No I don't - we live in the "basin" at the bottom ... but you're right about the shovel!! :lol:

Reaction score
No snow in SW.London just very cold with a heavy frost on the cars/grass.

Hope it does snow in the South East by Monday!
Always fun at work when it does!!!!

Reaction score
Started to snow on the Kent coast now Dover Folkestone and Romney Marsh, so we could have some later, just got in with the dogs and it is dam cold out there Brrrr

Ask a Question