Starting programs at/before login

OOPz

Hi Guys.. Im trying to find a method to run the onscreen keyboard at th
login screen.

its a (mobile) touchscreen PC that gets moved around a lot.. in theor
it needs nothing other than itself and a power cable, but... anoyingly
i need to keep a keyboard with it just for the 2 second process that i
logging on..

its setup for remote login and as such MUST have a password set.
problem with this is when you log out from remote, you must enter tha
password to get back in locally.. i also cant reboot it and get in wit
autologin every time, as its a never off box, does a bunch of monitorin
tasks n junk.

If i could use the onscreen to type in the password that'd be proble
solved and id never need any external bits at all.

anyone have any bright ideas on a method to do this?

thanks
OOP

OOPz

Ill leave that for the impartial observer to decide.. but, it would
appear that you, most certainly are...

how precicely am i supposed to login with that, it runs AFTER login...
It helps to actually read the post as basic comprehension of the
problem is fundamental prerequisite of fixing it... but.. thanks for
playing.

David Candy

Instead of being a smartarse why don't you press it moron. Perhaps I did read your post.

From help
a.. Utility Manager enables users to check an Accessibility program's status and start or stop an Accessibility program. Users with administrator-level access can designate to have the program start when Utility Manager starts. Users can also start Accessibility programs before logging on to the computer on by pressing the Windows logo key () + U at the Welcome logon screen.

David Candy

So I guess the impartial observer will decide you are indeed a total idiot. You didn't even try the correct answer and argued that it was wrong.

OOPz

on the contrary.. i tried it on the desktop.. because you utterly failed
to sufficiently explain the method... it didnt work, so.. i requested
more information with 'come again' (admittedly.. thats rather vague,
coz i was expecting human conversation not undeserved hostilility).

im not even going to bother calling you an idiot.. coz its self
evident... how precicely am i supposed to press OS+U without a
keyboard?.. theirs no option to autostart at that point... this genius
solution only serves to add a keystroke and make the typing a little
more tricky.

maybe it can be done thru reg.. maybe not.. i dont know.. thats why im
asking.

BTW.. i spend at least an hour, almost every day of my life supporting
users for an open source package.. i have never... in my life been that
rude to someone unless they were being unquestionably hostile to me
first.. and even then, i generally remain relitivly polite... shesh
man.. show a bit of class, let the the other person hang themselves
with their own ranting....

OOPz

'turn welcome screen off' meaning login?.. if not, iv got no idea at all
how to kill the welcome screen... but, its greyed out on desktop too :/

Read David defending the concept of violence.
http://tinyurl.com/7987q
"OOPz" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

That option's greyed out for some reason?

OOPz

oh dur.. sorry.. miss-read that.. have got rid of the welcome screen
(which i didnt know you could do.. but am glad ill never have to see
again ;)

still no OSK tho?