"Spybot S&D" Conflict

Dave

When all products are immunized in "Spybot
S&D", "Microsoft Antispyware" will report that "Search
Squire" is present. After removal, when you immunize
again in "Spybot S&D" there is one unprotected item. Once
immunized "Antispyware" will report that "SearchSquire"
is present again, and so on, and so on.
If you need more info...post a reply.

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

Dave,

I have seen a few of these over the past day or two, but finally had enough
time to repro the issue. I will file a bug on this today..

Thanks to all who have reported it.

-steve

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
MCSE, CISSP
PSS Security

originated.

Bob

I've had the same problem (conflict) between SpyBot and
MS AntiSpyWare. It seems as if MS Antispyware is picking
up SpyBots entries in the registry for detecting
SearchSquire and treating it as the actual SearchSquire
Adware. Hope this helps. Info gotten from Google
search "SearchSquire Removal"