spoolsv.exe

tek

Reaction score
Ok so one day I'm looking through my task manager and noticed that this process spoolsv.exe was using 50% of my CPU load, which was shocking. After looking into it, I found out that this program handles the printer for my pc. Now the thing is, I don't have my printer connected and its running at 50%, so what gives? Apparently I read that it has security risks that people use to access personal data such as passwords and cookies, etc. I believe spoolsv.exe comes installed as standard on all systems, but even if you don't use a printer, it seems to do something in the background? Maybe a virus? maybe not. I just thought I'd rant about this.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
is it running as a system component or under your logon name ? if its the second kill it

tek

Reaction score
I'm on my notebook right now so I couldn't tell you. Running at 50% and I don't have a printer connect seems rather OTT. I'll look into more when I get home.

Ask a Question