SpeedFan 4.37 temp results..plz help!

Reaction score
Hi All,

My System Configuration is;

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600, 2.40 Ghz
RAM: 2 GB DDR2 800 MHz Transcend
Mother Board: Intel Original DG35EC inbuilt graphics memory
HDD: 250 GB Samsung SATA
Monitor: Samsung 19" Inch TFT (Model 943NWX)
Sound Card: Creative 5.1 Sound Blaster
Speakers: Creative 5.1 (Model 5300)
SMPS: 650 watts.

I have Win XP Professional Edition 32bit installed, when ever i boot up the machine..theres is a hissing noise from the CPU and it continues to stay as long as the sys is up and running.

I have Zebronics ATX cabinet with 3 fans in it, 2 of em' working.. When i ran the SpeedFan 4.37...it lists the results as;

System temp: Always hovers around 84/85C, even when idle
CPU temp: 51C to 54C always.
For both of these there is a Flame ICON next to it always. Is it something to worry about???

Could you please let me know wht wud be the ideal temps for my CPU...and also what about the constant hissing noise when system is running. how do i rectify it??

Thnx a lot in advance...!!

Reaction score
Surely the flame icon speaks for itself nevermind the temperature

Check you fan is spinning before anything else. If it is then check the top of the heatsink below the fan is not blocked

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
When the 'flame' icon comes on all depends at what YOU have set the warning temp to be within the program - if you click on configure and then on each of the temp sensors you will get adjustable 'desired' and 'warning' options which you adjust yourself - whatever you set the 'desired' temp to you will get either a green tick or red up arrow if its above - you get the flame if the temp is above the 'warning' level YOU set.

The system temp is definately too high, but thats assuming that is actually what its detecting - it could be a complete misread or an erronious sensor ;) (I've got a reading with SF on mine that says 'Aux' at 119C which is complete b*llocks)

Your CPU temp is not that high to be honest, a little perhaps for idle but I wouldn't worry about it.

Try using CoreTemp for the CPU as well.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml

This is a good alternative to Core Temp. It has a logging system though I have never used it.
happywave.gif

Ask a Question