Speech Bubbles

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Anyone know of a (preferably free) download that allows speech bubbles, and of course, words within them, onto photographs. I used to have one years ago but can't locate it now. :(

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Niv :wave: you might like to give Serif a try, they not only have a lot of free photo editing software you can download, but I can see at the bottom of the page I've linked to, that they have a specific one now, which is just for shapes and speech bubbles ;)

I downloaded one of their free photo editors ages ago and found it to be very good. :thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Hi Niv
happywave.gif
you might like to give Serif a try,

Thanks for that, TC :)

I've tried all day to get it going only to find out now that the free download ( PhotoPlus 6) is incompatible with Vista. :wall:

When I first got Vista I was playing about with it, as you do, and I got a series of speech bubbles on screen. However, I've no idea how I got them or even if they are part of the Vista package. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Did you try using Vista's Compatibility Mode, Niv? You right click on the file you want to execute, then select Properties, then Compatibility. You can then choose to run it as XP, for example.

Regarding you finding speech bubbles somewhere in Vista ... unless anyone else has found these, I cannot say that I have (although I have rootled around a fair bit in Vista's secret little places since I got it.)

user.gif

Just a quick edit: I have just downloaded Serif Photoplus 6 to my Vista PC .... it works fine! :thumb: I didn't even need to use compatibility mode either. So.... did you register your copy? It won't work without the key, as I expect you know.

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
So.... did you register your copy? It won't work without the key, as I expect you know.

Certainly did. Even got a message saying everything now ready to go but the dam' opening page will not open and when I try to close it I get the "Not Responding" message. :wall:

I'll try your Compatability Mode idea. :) :wave:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
GOT IT !! :thumb: Not sure what I did differently from before but it's now running.

Trouble is- I don't know how to put speech into the bubble, LOL. :lol:

I'll just keep working at it.:D

Thanks TC :wave:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Just want to conclude this thread in case anyone else needs speech bubbles.

As stated above I did get Serif downloaded eventually but I never did get the system to work :wall: . And, there is NO Help Section to turn to. :(

However, a few days back I found, in my daily paper, an article about free downloads and it suggested Picnik.com

This has turned out to be just what I wanted and is a reasonable photo editing package too, for a freebie. It is possible, for a price, to upgrade to an even more sophisticated package.

Well, at least I'm happy now. :nod:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yes they are excellent !! :thumb: See thumbnail. :nod:

Attachments

• Toco Toucan.jpg
    Toco Toucan.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 484

Ask a Question