Spam advice/help required.

Reaction score
Right guys I need help on this one.

I receive emails [Spam] from myself?

I can’t block myself obviously, so how do I stop mail getting through that appears to be from myself? IE > from joeblogs to joeblogs.

Thanks in advance….

happywave.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
feckit said:
Spamming yourself!
laughingsmiley.gif

Er it's meant to be others you do this to!

Cor thats helpfull, you daft bugger:D
I get spam as though it is from me but I aint sent it :rolleyes: >from joeblogs to joeblogs.

Reaction score
itsme said:
Cor thats helpfull, you daft bugger:D
I get spam as though it is from me but I aint sent it :rolleyes: >from joeblogs to joeblogs.
I aim to please.
nod.gif

OK what account is it from ie: yahoo, hotmail etc???

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I get these all the time - are you using outlook? If you are you can just make a rule to delete any mail to your inbox that comes from your own address :)

Reaction score
Thanks Ian and Feckit done it now. Using OE.

I aim to conquer:D bloody spammers hang em up by the b###s I say
nod.gif

Reaction score
If you are getting them throuh Yahoo, just set them as spam...The vast majority of spam I get comes from other Yahoo accounts..In yahoo you can set your address to look like what ever you want it to...For example if yours is (e-mail address removed) you can make a ghost name that reads (e-mail address removed) This is all the spammers are doing...Ghosting your e-mail address..When you set it as spam, yahoo reads the proper address, not the ghost one..So you won't be blocking yourself..

Reaction score
no madx I use ntlworld.com

it seems to be sorted now:nod: my spam filter cant be set as I would like so I have taken it out blinking useless anyways....

Ask a Question