space in add remove programs

Steve Kuechle

I have a number of Windows XP pro workstations that have large blank spaces
in the add remove programs applet. This does not happen with all my
workstations but more than 1/2 have this issue. It does not seem to cause
any problems other than be a nuisance. Some systems will have two or three
large space but most only have one.

Steve

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, scroll down to
Item No. 226 (right column) and click on "Remove the White Space from
Add or Remove".

[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

|I have a number of Windows XP pro workstations that have large blank spaces
| in the add remove programs applet. This does not happen with all my
| workstations but more than 1/2 have this issue. It does not seem to cause
| any problems other than be a nuisance. Some systems will have two or three
| large space but most only have one.
|

| Steve

William Wang[MSFT]

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your posting and thanks for Carey's help. Has the info provided
helped you resolve the issue? Please don't hesitate to contact us if you
need further assistance.

Sincerely,

William Wang
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

from your issue.

William Wang[MSFT]

Hi Steve,

I'm checking on the status of this issue. Please feel free to let me know
if there is anything I can do for you.

From: "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:41:56 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

-
------------------

|I have a number of Windows XP pro workstations that have large blank spaces
| in the add remove programs applet. This does not happen with all my
| workstations but more than 1/2 have this issue. It does not seem to cause
| any problems other than be a nuisance. Some systems will have two or three
| large space but most only have one.
|

| Steve

Hi William,

Do you have any additional information on this? My machine has this problem too. The fix discussed corrects an AutoCAD registry entry. I have no such installation.

Regards

S. Basile

From: "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:41:56 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, scroll down to
Item No. 226 (right column) and click on "Remove the White Space from
Add or Remove".

[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

-
------------------

|I have a number of Windows XP pro workstations that have large blank spaces
| in the add remove programs applet. This does not happen with all my
| workstations but more than 1/2 have this issue. It does not seem to cause
| any problems other than be a nuisance. Some systems will have two or three
| large space but most only have one.
|

| Steve

Actually the fix for AutoCAD gave me a clue to my problem. The spaces was due to an invalid DisplayIcon entry in the Uninstall section of the registry for another program. Removing that reference cleared the problem on my machine. As always, remember to backup the entry before removing.

From: "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:41:56 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support