    Add/Remove Window Components/Games - All boxes for the
    above games are checked and finish the install, yet, they
    don't install. Can you please help me.

    Mary, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Mary

    Andrew E Guest

    Try installing the XP cd,in the info page,select other
    options,or windows components.Try reinstalling thru the
    cd.

    Andrew E, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Mary

    Chris H. Guest

    No need to reinstall, Mary, as these are system files. I'd suggest you
    return to that section, remove the check marks, OK your way out and then
    restart the computer. Then return, put your check marks back in and again
    OK all the way out. The system should automatically restore those files for
    you.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    Chris H., Sep 29, 2003
  4. Mary

    Mary Guest

    I've done that! That doesn't work either!!

    Mary, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Mary

    Mary Guest

    Chris - I've tried and they don't restore those files.

    Mary, Sep 29, 2003
  6. Mary

    Chris H. Guest

    Mary, try this then:
    (1) Go to Control Panel/Folder Options.
    (2) <a> On the View tab, click on the radial next to Show hidden files and
    folders; <b> Remove the check mark from the box left of "Hide Extensions for
    known file types; and <c> Remove the check mark from the box left of "Hide
    protected operating system files (Recommended). Then Click the Apply
    button.
    (3) Open Windows Explorer.
    (4) Expand the C:\ drive so all your folders are available for viewing.
    (5) Navigate to the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder in the left pane and click on
    it so you can see the files in the right pane.
    (6) Look for mshearts.exe, spider.exe, sol.exe, freecell.exe and winmine.exe
    to verify their existence on your hard drive.
    (7) If those exist, then there may be a problem elsewhere and I would
    suggest you run System File Checker. There is information in Help and
    Support on SFC, but the basic thing is to go to Start/Run and type in "sfc
    /scannow" without the quotes. This will check the system files to make sure
    they are correct. There may be a damaged *.dll file which is preventing the
    reinstall.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP