SNMP

Larry Waibel

A year after I finished our device I'm now being told that it needs to
support our SNMP messages <sigh>. I'm just starting to look into it and the
setup instructions I have are for units running full XP and use the SNMP
services properties dialog (among others :) to set some values. I'm very
limited on space on my device so I want to install the minimal that I can. I
have the SNMP services component installed. How do I access the services
properties? Even better, is there any mapping of services properties
settings to their registry settings; I'd like to just create a component of
ours that would have all the registry settings in it so there's no GUI/manual
setup needed. Thanks!

Ricky

A year after I finished our device I'm now being told that it needs to
support our SNMP messages <sigh>. I'm just starting to look into it and the
setup instructions I have are for units running full XP and use the SNMP
services properties dialog (among others :) to set some values. I'm very
limited on space on my device so I want to install the minimal that I can. I
have the SNMP services component installed. How do I access the services
properties? Even better, is there any mapping of services properties
settings to their registry settings; I'd like to just create a component of
ours that would have all the registry settings in it so there's no GUI/manual
setup needed. Thanks!

I solved this problem with WMI Scripting. I set up WEB Server, SMTP Server
and FTP Server during FBA with a VBS script.

Ricky

Larry Waibel

From: Ricky <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: SNMP
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 19:35:22 +0200
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded

I solved this problem with WMI Scripting. I set up WEB Server, SMTP Server
and FTP Server during FBA with a VBS script.

Ricky
That's a thought but I'd have to learn WMI and scripting :) I think I've pretty
much figured out the registry settings by using regmon and making changes and
seeing what they affect.

Ricky

That's a thought but I'd have to learn WMI and scripting :) I think I've pretty
much figured out the registry settings by using regmon and making changes and
seeing what they affect.

As far as I know IIS setting are stored in the metabase and you can access
it only with WMI scripting.

Ricky