Slowing/100%CPU post TrendMicro update 06 to 07 version

I have AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 221 GHz 1.00 GB RAM run XP Version 2 Service PK2.
I renewed my TrendMicro from 06 to the 2007 home version (with firewall).
Before the update, I had to go to their site, because updating from my
program I always got "Windows explorer cannot display the page" -- in fact
Explorer has never worked, I use AOL. During the installation it had to
uninstall Spybot. Also during the installation it had to turn on the Windows
firewall while it uninstalled my old o6 Trend micro firewall.
Since the upgrade, I get 100% CPU usage when calling up AOL or even the
Trend Micro site, and there is a program running when I call up Trend micro
that I had never seen before ""HCMS-TITLE".
Also -- big news, the instructions and info about TrendMicro now appear on
the Windows explorer -- something that never would work before. There was
also an active X from Trend micro that I allowed during the installation.
I have compressed files on C to make more space, and have defragged. That
is all I know to do.

My computer is running slowly, and takes much more time to bring up AOL and
other programs -- and with the 100% CPU usage as mentioned before. Our
computer was originally set up FOR us, and I am not real skilled or
insightful about the processes. Thank you.

you might simply uninstall
that antivirus and see if the
issues are resolved.

if they are not, then the
a.v. may not be the problem
but you will have to keep us
aprised of your stats.

incidently, it is likely that
your system has already been
thoroughly scanned for virus's,
so uninstalling it should not pose a
risk for your system during this
analysis.

however, until the problem is resolved it
would not be a good idea to
download anything, open attachments,
or browse the internet
outside the safe boundaries of
the aol server and microsoft.com.

--

db ·´¯`·.¸. said:
<)))º>·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><)))º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><)))º>

..

Thanks. I was wary of uninstalling because as you might have guessed, I am
very new at this sort of thing. I waited until Monday when I could reach the
Trendmicro live chat and was directed to a known fix for this situation, when
Spybot was previously used. I had to reinstall Spybot, then "undo" the
blocked items from the Spybot immunize, then delete that file. That did
work. I then uninstalled Spybot again. I still have some 100% CPU usage
when calling up AOL initially, but otherwise my computer seems to be working
"normally" now.

hmm?,

spybot is a pretty good
program and obviously it