slow login after installing client service for netware

Gustavo Ringel

After installing CSNW and selecting preferred server and
checking the run logon, the computer takes like 20 minutes
to logon. I have uninstalled CSNW but the problem still
there.

Has this happened to any of you?

Thanks.

Gustavo.

luc wastiaux

Gustavo said:
After installing CSNW and selecting preferred server and
checking the run logon, the computer takes like 20 minutes
to logon. I have uninstalled CSNW but the problem still
there.

Has this happened to any of you?

Does it say anything in the event viewer ?

if you don't know how to access the event viewer:
right-click my computer -> manage -> event viewer

Sergio Moreno

Is your computer in a Workgroup or a member of a domain?
It sound like the provider order is not setup to logon to a 'Microsoft Windows Network'

try the following:
1- Check the properties of the network adapter and uncheck or remove any of the Novell components
2- Make sure that "Microsoft Windows Network" is at the top of the list under Network Providers.
a- Open the 'Network and dialup connections folder" from control panel
b- click on the advanced menu option and select advanced settings
c- click on the 'Provider Order' tab and make sure that "Microsoft Windows Network" is at the top of the list under Network Providers.
Also...
d- click the Adapters and Bindings tab and make sure that the active nic is the at the top of the bindings from the 'Connections' window.

Also try the following if there is still a delay
3- Disable your Antivirus software (for testing purposes only)
4- Disable any Firewall software installed on your pc
5- Consider reinstalling the last Service pack that you install.

From: "Gustavo Ringel" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Gustavo Ringel" <[email protected]>
Subject: slow login after installing client service for netware
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 06:26:23 -0700

--
Sergio Moreno
Microsoft Windows Networking

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.