Slipstreaming existing XP-SP1 disk?

T

Tom

Hey all,

I am trying to slipstream my XP install disk, which already came with SP1a on it. The problem I have is, when I get through all the command lines to do so, I get this prompt,

"This Service Pack cannot into a destination that also has integrated Software Updates.

Consult the Service Pack documentation for more details about supported integration scenarios."

I actually tried copying the extracted i386 files from the SP2 pack to the i386 folder in my copied XP-SP1a\i386 folder, which it did overwrite many files. But the end result was a total burn size (or updated Xp install disk folder) of over 750megs, which won't cut it on a CD-R of which has 700megs of RAW space.

Any advice?

G

Tom,

Go here for this wonderful free program, Autostreamer. Worked like a charm
for me:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.p...8be83700b&showtopic=188337&st=0&#entry2453585

Nospam

Hey all,

I am trying to slipstream my XP install disk, which already came with SP1a
on it. The problem I have is, when I get through all the command lines to do
so, I get this prompt,

"This Service Pack cannot into a destination that also has integrated
Software Updates.

Consult the Service Pack documentation for more details about supported
integration scenarios."

I actually tried copying the extracted i386 files from the SP2 pack to the
i386 folder in my copied XP-SP1a\i386 folder, which it did overwrite many
files. But the end result was a total burn size (or updated Xp install disk
folder) of over 750megs, which won't cut it on a CD-R of which has 700megs
of RAW space.

Any advice?

N

Name withheld by request

I'll 2nd that one. It is an easy to use program, slipstreams easily!

T

Tom

Actually, it worked, but not as a XP install disk. it made it boot into DR-DOS 7.0! What's up with that? Trying to use the regular command lines still makes the burn file too large for the disk space.

Ask a Question