Slide Show Dump?

J

Jonathon

I need to prepare a slideshow presentation consisting of over two hundred digital photos for a travel club I belong to. Is there a way to mass dump an entire folder of JPG's into PowerPoint (2003) rather than inserting them one at a time? It would be much easier to delete those not wanted in the sorting view.

Thanks in advance,

John

K

Kathy Jacobs

Check out any of the options in this PPT FAQ page:
BATCH IMPORT images into PowerPoint
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00050.htm

My personal favorite is the Image Importer Wizard.

--
Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft MVP PowerPoint and OneNote
Author of Kathy Jacobs on PowerPoint - Available now from Holy Macro! Books
Get PowerPoint and OneNote information at www.onppt.com

I believe life is meant to be lived. But:
if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we lived

I need to prepare a slideshow presentation consisting of over two hundred digital photos for a travel club I belong to. Is there a way to mass dump an entire folder of JPG's into PowerPoint (2003) rather than inserting them one at a time? It would be much easier to delete those not wanted in the sorting view.

Thanks in advance,

John

N

NO

Thanks Kathy but the way it recommends, it dumps all the pictures into the same slide. What I really want is one pic per slide. Maybe it can't be done unless you know another trick.

Jonathon

K

Kathy Jacobs

Ummm... Did you check out the Image Importer? It puts as many or as few of the slides on each slide as you tell it to. I promise - I use it regularly for formatted, pre-animated, pre-sized addition of multiple pictures at once. (I think the most I have ever done in one grab is 100 pictures - five to a slide, but it might have been a little more.)

--
Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft MVP PowerPoint and OneNote
Author of Kathy Jacobs on PowerPoint - Available now from Holy Macro! Books
Get PowerPoint and OneNote information at www.onppt.com

I believe life is meant to be lived. But:
if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we lived

Thanks Kathy but the way it recommends, it dumps all the pictures into the same slide. What I really want is one pic per slide. Maybe it can't be done unless you know another trick.

Jonathon

J

Jonathon

Kathy, thanks for your words. I really want one picture per slide although I'm interested in the placing of multiple images on one slide. I don't understand how you would display the individual images. I can do a "shift -select" and move multiple images to a single slide but only the one on top displays. I'm confused (and have a lot to learn).

John

J

Jonathon

"BINGO" it works. One picture per slide. Just what the doctor ordered.

Many thanks to everyone.

Jonathon

Ask a Question