Webmistress
Reaction score
I'll be starting this in a few weeks now that I've got a new PC :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
BUMP! :D

I now have it. :)

So is anyone still playing this? Anyone modded the game?

I've installed SKSE and Nexus Mod Manager, Along with a load of mods from the nexus site...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/topalltime/?adult=2

Sky UI, 2K Textures, face and eye skins etc. Looks gorgeous now!

Will be working though it for the next god knows how long! :)

Nice find V_R, I'll be going there methinks :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've installed the Nexus Mod Manager, installed SkyUI but for some reason I can't download HD texture pack, maybe it's already installed, I have two texture packs listed in Nexus Mod Manager already but I think they came auto within Steam.

Have also installed Quality World Map, a water enhancement and Epic Elves. Not sure what that SKSE is all about, I'll look at the vid. I haven't actually started Skyrim to see what difference it all makes, will do so shortly.

I can recommend 'Sea Of Ghosts' as a pretty good quest btw

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well just hada good couple of hours on it, starting to get into it now, which in a few ways i honestly didn't think i would!

Some screenshots of it here...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thedarkness700/screenshots/

and the two i liked, how does that look to you guys? noticeable difference?

1914924ADC372A201BFD47F49E6A9B6641754A43

B016FD33382AD89DEC8B0A63B507CF58F6839387

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
No real difference tbh, the existing texture packs which I installed some months ago are giving pretty much the same result.

I had my doubts you'd get into Skyrim Mr V_R, glad you liking it. I found it's definitely a bit more-ish, I kept going back to it but as I said, completed main campaign now.

The game is whatever you want to make it really, you can rush through - which I did - or take your time and explore every nook and cranny and take on all side quests.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah i'm liking it, more so the more i play it at the mo, just hope it holds my interest. :)

Hmmm, i was hoping these high res texture mods and so on would have more if an obvious impact. Though to be fair, screenshots don't do it justice tbh. The mods for players faces/eyes and so on make a big difference.

What i may try is an EnB mod for the colours, but i don't want to spoil the look of that game either....

Maybe i should just play it and stop buggering about with it!!?? :lol:

Reaction score
I've renewed my interest in this. I hadn't played in months, but the last 3 weeks I've gone from level 30 to 42. Unfortunately, I don't have a PC that will play it, so I play on Xbox. Quite an enjoyable game!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Getting thought this quite nicely now, but keep getting distracted by side quests etc.....

I'm level 25 now, Steams reporting 41 hours. ( :eek: )

Loads of mods installed.... I seem to spend almost as long buggering about with mods as i do actually playing the game! :blush:

attachment.php

Still not 100% happy with it, but its getting there..... (The colours are different because i'm playing with the Imaginator settings)

More screenshots on my Steam profile here if your interested - http://steamcommunity.com/id/thedarkness700/screenshots/

My followers... (I'm using the UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul mod) The guy in the middle died in battle the other day... :(

Replaced him with a Mage. :D

9BA7A0DB414059D3D2D05082C735E39DD544A179

AD41B9165A317C515A9CF3064B2C6FB5E89E3241

4155A1C48DB1F6C2181A499551FE22D49BBA057B

BF4B6D806FC79E3DDB2D1A63CF251B9F93858303

Attachments

• NMM.jpg
    NMM.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 330

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh V_R, you're a sad case, just play the 'kin game, lol ;)

I had a brief revisit to Skyrim and discovered I haven't actually finished main quest, there's a small bit more to go. Took me a good half hour/hour to reaquaint myself with controls and gameplay but now fully familiar again and lovin' it a lot.

Haven't tried Dawnguard yet but it's installed.

Finally took time to read a tutorial and now have SKSE installed and SkyGUI thingie is now working and looks good. Yes, it is an improvement.

My stats are level 21 and I've played 65 hours.

Groovy :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Loved Skyrim to bits but cannot bring myself to pay that much for an expansion. I went on the other day and I think I'm level 65 now, it doesnt make the game super easy as the monster's seem adaptive to this to some extent, still need to use the odd potion here and there so I don't die :p.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oh V_R, you're a sad case, just play the 'kin game, lol ;)

Haha, you know what, I know just what you mean, i actually say the same thing to myself! :D

There was something i noticed yesterday that i was going to mention, and that is the stats that Afterburner is showing on the top left of the last screenshot.

3LemD.png

The game is now using almost all 2Gb's of my VRAM! :eek:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, finished now, Alduin is brown bread, ended up clocking 68 hours gameplay and at level 22.

Have just started Dawnguard :)

Damn good game! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Wow, i just hit level 30 last night and not even close to finishing it, Steam says i'm just shy of 60 hours!

Mind you i've not done much of the main stuff i guess, did some of the Thieves Guild stuff over the weekend, and am now a Thane of Riften (and Whiterun) Only just got to Windhelm!

But i am taking it slow and exploring the world, and any little caves etc i find!

I really didn't think i'd get into it this much, I'm properly addicted......! :eek:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

With this official add-on to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you can purchase land and build your own home from the ground up - from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with an armory, alchemy laboratory, stable, garden, and more. Use all-new tools like the drafting table and carpenter's workbench to transform quarried stone, clay, and sawn logs into structures and furnishings. Even transform your house into a home by adopting children.

Hearthfire, the next official game add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, will be available for download for 400 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE® on September 4. Read more here [link to Hearthfire Product Page on BethSoft.com].

So how long with us PC gamers have to wait this time.... :/

Reaction score
No wait for me! Aaannnnnddd I happen to have 400 or so MS points laying around :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just haveta say Dawnguard dlc is well worth the dosh, most excellent expansion, I get lost in this thing, where do the hours go?

If you're playing this add-on which faction did you go with? Vampire or Dawnguard? Apparently the game favours the vampire role, those who opt to be a vampire hunter will face far more diffilcult foes than his opposite blood-sucking number.

Methinks that may be true, I've chosen Dawnguard and the fights are much more difficult than in vanilla Skyrim, have managed to die a few times so far.

Ask a Question