Simple Errors/Points to be improved/fixed.

Chris Hall

Found some simple errors in the beta 1, as follows:

-Real time protection menu
"manage detailed settings." is not shown. The sentence is
"cut short", and is hidden behind the background. This is
using a 1024X768 display... havent tested other displays.
Occurs during any screen size.

-the buttons after the first scan that appear in a popup
window asking about anti browser hijacking are hard to
click... May be my pc, as i was downloading MCE keynotes at
the time, but better check it out to be safe...

-Process Names Still belong to GIANT... so does the
msconfig startup process. When you hit ctrl alt delete and
click processes it still shows as GIANTAntiSpywareMain.exe
- could be ended by users by accident because they think it
is something else... Or experienced users cleaning up their
startup time could be unaware what gcasSERV is, and stop it
from auto running.

Hope this helps... will post if i find any extra, Chris.

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

Chris,

I will reply inline.

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
MCSE, CISSP
PSS Security

originated.
From: "Chris Hall" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Chris Hall" <[email protected]>
Subject: Simple Errors/Points to be improved/fixed.
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:53:17 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.general

Found some simple errors in the beta 1, as follows:

-Real time protection menu
"manage detailed settings." is not shown. The sentence is
"cut short", and is hidden behind the background. This is
using a 1024X768 display... havent tested other displays.
Occurs during any screen size.

We know of many UI issues and are will be fixing them in a future release.
-the buttons after the first scan that appear in a popup
window asking about anti browser hijacking are hard to
click... May be my pc, as i was downloading MCE keynotes at
the time, but better check it out to be safe...

I have not seen this before. Let us know if this happens again.
-Process Names Still belong to GIANT... so does the
msconfig startup process. When you hit ctrl alt delete and
click processes it still shows as GIANTAntiSpywareMain.exe
- could be ended by users by accident because they think it
is something else... Or experienced users cleaning up their
startup time could be unaware what gcasSERV is, and stop it
from auto running.

We are working to fix this in a future release as well.