    My Computer even turned off while I scanned in Safe Mode. I was able to scan
    in Safe Mode once and I found no viruses. PLEASE HELP ME:) THANK YOU

    Jeff

    Guest, Apr 15, 2006

    I use NIS and it takes about 30min to scan my system, my temp rises
    considerably due to the intensive CPU usage during the scan.. Check that your
    cooling fans are free of dust and are working properly, especially the CPU
    fan.. You might try opening the case and or using a household fan to blow
    cool air into the case..
    Does the computer shut down using any other apps or just when you use the
    NIS AV scaner..?
    Food for thought..
    j;-j

    Guest, Apr 15, 2006

    RE: Shutdown Problems related to Norton Internet Security-reply

    Jaymon

    It only happens when i am scanning. If I leave my computer alone without
    scanning, the computer doesn't shut down. Lately, my computer has shut down
    just after being booted up. Thank you

    Jeff

    Guest, Apr 15, 2006

    RE: Shutdown Problems related to Norton Internet Security-reply

    What Make & model computer..?
    How old is the PSU/computer..?
    Have you ever replaced the CMOS battery in this computer..?
    In the Power Options Properties, Power Schemes, it's set properly, right..?
    Have you contacted Symantec customer support for their thoughts on the
    matter..?
    j;-j

    Guest, Apr 15, 2006

    DL Guest

    Re: Shutdown Problems related to Norton Internet Security-reply

    And lastly dont multipost, cross post if you must. Then we could all see the
    earlier replies

    DL, Apr 15, 2006

    haaraan

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0

    call to agent001 best technical support in the world
    and ask for johnson
    toll free no- 1-855-243-6800

    haaraan, Jul 12, 2012