Show calendar on Echo Show all the time

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got an Amazon Echo Show 5 sat next to my PC, and I'd ideally like it to show my upcoming calendar entries (and clock) all of the time. At the moment, there's a rotation that shows the clock, along with weather and other information snippets.

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove things like "trending stories" and other information I don't use and get it to show the calendar all of the time instead?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just made a few changes that gets me part way there...

To disable trending stories, etc.:

Swipe down from top of screen > settings > home & clock > home content. Then, disable all options that don't need to be displayed.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Oh what a bummer. Isn't there a way to program your own Alexa Skill? I heard you can talk to Alexa and she'll create new skills based on your instructions. Maybe that only works with responses, I'm not really sure cause I don't have one.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh what a bummer. Isn't there a way to program your own Alexa Skill? I heard you can talk to Alexa and she'll create new skills based on your instructions. Maybe that only works with responses, I'm not really sure cause I don't have one.

There is a way to program them, but I think it may be beyond my skills. I will take a look though, as it could be an interesting experience - and I think Amazon give away free hardware when people make stills, so that could be quite handy :D.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Alright I will try my best to help you program your Echo, just give me a few to research how to customize your device.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I got a response from Amazon Support, they said: I would like to inform that as of now the Echo doesn't have this feature.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's very kind of you to check with Amazon support! Thank you.

Cool, I'll take a look at programming it after xmas and see what I can do :D.

Ask a Question