Windows Vista Shock, Horror - Praise for Microsoft

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I have to write to give some praise to Microsoft. I know, it's almost unheard of, but this time I think it justified. :nod:

I had ongoing problems downloading the MS updates over several weeks, eventually almost none being successful. I checked for nasties, tried all the usual MS diagnostics on the PC and in desperation emailed MS Help expecting either no reply or one that sent me round in circles but acheiving nothing.

Their response was very quick and helpful. They suggested a few remedies which I could try myself but these did not solve the problem. After replying that I had got nowhere they suggested that I give them some times that I would be available so that they could take over my PC remotely to solve matters.

I gave them some times and the following morning they rang me at 09.20 AM and we went through various routines and they had control of my PC. Incidently, I had the option, throughout, of stopping their control at any time, at the click of the mouse. The first chap tried several times without success, then passed me over to his supervisor who also failed on several more attempts. I was then passed to the Vista Team where a lady with a US accent eventually got things sorted. Some corrupt files had to be deleted.

In all I had to reboot about 15 times and the whole thing was not over till almost 2.30 PM, about 5 hours all told. They paid for the whole telephone conversation. :eek: Although it tooka long time I was very impressed by their professional attitude and their logical approach to the problem.

I was even praised myself :p . They said how "nice" I'd been and that after five hours some people might have thrown the telephone. I must admit I did come close after 4 hours 30 minutes. :lol:

The system is now working well.:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great news that you've got your PC working properly again :nod:

It's quite reassuring to know that MS are helpful should Vista play up - 5 hours is quite some time to persevere (especially for you!). Remote control is a great feature for helping with PC problems, I've used it a few times to sort my parents PC out :thumb:

Did you have to remain on the phone all that time whilst they controlled the PC? :eek:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
No, you're right, we don't hear much from people who have 'good' news about Microsoft. :nod:

Glad you got it all fixed, without the obligatory re-install. :thumb:

Did you both have a break for some lunch? :D

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Gosh that sounds most impressive Nivrip :nod: It's good to hear something so positive for a change :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Credit where credit's due :thumb:

Microsoft are an easy target - often with good cause - it's good to hear the positive side :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well done to Microsoft . Its nice that they had some quick self help ideas . Even nicer that they quickly offered to do the remote fix .Excellent that the remote fix thingy worked .

bowdown.gif

Ask a Question