Bit of a shock yesterday

Reaction score
Well yesterday I took the dogs out for their morning walk usually about 3 miles out in the country fields and footpaths and I got about 1/2 a mile when I was struck with excrueating chest pain and shortness of breath I thought I was having a heart attack:eek:. Anyway I managed to get back to the car and drove to the doctor reported to the reception and was rushed to a examination room and the doctor did some tests and at the same time reception called a ambulance and I was rushed to Maidstone hostpital. By this time the shortness of breath and chest pain had subsided and after tests and and examination it was decided I had angina and not a heart attack(phew):thumb:. They discharged me this afternoon with a load of medication and but still feeling a little weak and tired but glad to be home again. After all the bad press about the National Health all I can say about our local Hostpital is that they are BRILLIANT and are doing their best under such difficulties they are experiencing at the moment:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
How very scary for you Bootneck, it must have been quite shocking to experience so much pain and breathlessness. I am so glad you were able to get the medical assistance you needed, so quickly. Also glad to hear it wasn't a heart-attack you suffered, although sorry that you have angina, of course.

Take care of yourself, and hope you will be feeling stronger again very soon. :nod: :thumb:

Reaction score
Thanks for the sympathy feckit and Taffycat, Doctors told me NOT to stop the walking even though I will ralltl like a pill box:lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
That was a bit of a shock for you bootneck. Glad you came through ok. Seems that angina is fairly common amongst us oldsters. Maybe three miles at one go is a tad too much you could possibly do two one and a half mile dog walks instead. Or get a pair of these,

dog-exercise-treadmill.jpg

Then you could set yours to a slow pace and the dogs to a fast pace.

Laughing.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
slow down a little, but don't stop ... we are as young as the pills allow us to feel. :)

Reaction score
That looks like a good idea Abarbarian OK for me not sure about Max and Taz they like the big open spaces and lots of smells. Talking about pills Mr Mucks I think I am now expected to chuck down my throat something like 8 1/2 pills in the morning 3 1/2 evening plus 4 inhalers :eek:(I do not chuck the inhalers down my throught I would choke:lol:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Scary stuff Mr Boots, glad you're ok.

If it wasn't for the NHS I'd be brown bread, at least 3 times over.

It still works but I'm not sure for how much longer...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
eh, I can beat that ... I have 8 morning, 3 lunch, 4 evening meal & 1 before bed ... that's not including any painkillers, however, I don't have any inhalers. :p

still, a good outcome of events. :)

Reaction score
I cannot fault the NHS or the medical staff they were great including the ambulance staff all fantastic. With all the news about hostpitals being under special measures is the fault of the structure and not the staff, personally I think hospitals are now run by arm chair warriors where as in the days of your they were run by medical people, the local GP's and specilists and not admistrators who have little or no knowege of anything else but admistration.

Reaction score
As long as your getting medical help that is the first thing, I know that I managed to drive to my GP's surgery and they were great, and they started to get lines in and the Ambulance arrived and they took over, I cannot fault the care I recieved from the NHS hats off to them. Good luck to you Evan all I can say that you are in safe hands judging from the experience I have just had. I hope it is nothing serious if they thought it was you would whisked off to hostpital PDQ, got my fingers crossed and everything else crossed for you, let us know what the result is.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Just seen this now - gosh, must have been really scary for you! I'm so pleased to hear you're ok :thumb:

Reaction score
Thanks Becky for your concern, at the time it was very scary but all turnd out well, I cannot praise the NHS enough over my care, unfortunatly we only hear about the things wrong about the NHS and never hear about the good resolutions. My feeling after my experience is that they need to get of the many medicaly unqualified adminstrators and managers in the NHS and this would solve many of the problems within the organisation also stop the politisions meddling with the organisation.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Really pleased to hear you're ok bootneck - that's one heck of a fright! Did they give you much to do in way of a followup, or is it back to the GP to manage it now?

Hope you're ok too @EvanDavis, glad you're getting things looked at :)

Reaction score
bootneck very sorry to read of your ordea. Don`t walk so far or at least take it slowly. My wife and I take lots of pills and I swear it`s those that keep us a live.
Good to read of the excelent service you had at the hands of the NHS.Do take care and all the very best to you.
historian

Reaction score
Yes I know how you feel historian jump up and down and you sound like a pill box. Cannot give my GP and the NHS enough praise they were great. Also thanks to members of PCR for their support and messages of good will:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Reaction score
Thank you all for your support, I am feeling a lot better but still a little lethargic and get tired quickly, I have taken dogs for a short walk down the road and back but my good lady wife has been doing the long ones for me, Bless her she should have been in Manchester this weekend but because of me she is not there so I feel a little guilty, well just a little bit, no not much realy. But she has been a star:nod:

Reaction score
This afternoon I went to see my GP as I have been extremly tired, no concentration also having headaches so have not been using the PC much. He was able this was a result of the Angina attack and would take approx month to recover he took my blood pressure that was normal but booked me in for some more blood tests and told me to keep walking the dogs as normal (6 to 8 miles a day) so on the mend but the walking does take it out of me.:cheers:

Ask a Question