sfc_os.dll is either not designed to run with windows or...???!

i keep getting this error message and it seems that SOMETHING eliminated the
contents of the C:windows\system32\sfc_os.dll file on my Vista Home Premium
system. so i got a copy of the file and tried to replace it and WRP will not
allow me to make changes. i need help to find a way around WRP to replace
this file. Please advise :(

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Denise
Look at the resolution inside this article
In particicular the section on what to do if SFC cannot reapir a file.
It exaplins how to take ownership and assign permission so you can replace
a file'

929833 Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop
responding
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929833

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]