sfc /scannow

-- i have copied my i386 folder from winxp cd to C:\ ,
downloaded windows xp-kb835935-ENU.exe to
myC:\ and changed name to xpsp2.exe , set windows sourcepath to C:\
(regedit) , set windows nt
source path to C:\ , run xpsp2.exe -u -s:c:\ and this dadburn thing still
asks for my win xp cd when i try
to run sfc /scannow.
would one of you fine folks tell me what else i can try?
thanks
larry

Aspire X-Superalien 500W
Asus P4c800E Deluxe
Intel P-4 800 3.0G 1mb cache
Crucial 2x 512MB DDR400
2x WD 80GB Sata 150 7200rpm 8M
Ati Radeon 9800XT 256MB
Audigy 2ZS
Windows XP , home

Ayush

Replied to [larry]'s message {REPLY BELOW} :
-- i have copied my i386 folder from winxp cd to C:\ ,
downloaded windows xp-kb835935-ENU.exe to
myC:\ and changed name to xpsp2.exe , set windows sourcepath to C:\
(regedit) , set windows nt
source path to C:\ , run xpsp2.exe -u -s:c:\ and this dadburn thing
still asks for my win xp cd when i try
to run sfc /scannow.
would one of you fine folks tell me what else i can try?
thanks

May be you changed the wrong registry key. The source path key is :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup -
SourcePath

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search - www.Google.com
Want to know about a term - http://en.wikipedia.org
Snip your long urls - http://snipurl.com/
Must have tool for OE - http://snipurl.com/quotefix

Ayush

thanks for your reply , sure do appreciate it. i changed the right
registry key.
are there anything else i can try?
thanks again
larry
--

Ayush said:
[...]

Ignore the message and point the sfc /scannow to the right Path for your i386
where you would like the Tool to look and repair your corrupt files/folders
if any found!.
HTH.
Regs,
nass

nass
thanks for your reply , appreciate it. the source path is set to C:\ ,
thats where
my i386 folder is C:\i386 . do you mean change the source path to C:\i386?
thanks again
larry
--

Aspire X-Superalien 500W
Asus P4c800E Deluxe
Intel P-4 800 3.0G 1mb cache
Crucial 2x 512MB DDR400
2x WD 80GB Sata 150 7200rpm 8M
Ati Radeon 9800XT 256MB
Audigy 2ZS
Windows XP , home

:
Hi Larry,
nass
thanks for your reply , appreciate it. the source path is set to C:\ ,
thats where
my i386 folder is C:\i386 . do you mean change the source path to C:\i386?
thanks again
larry
--

Yes Larry if you want the System File Checker to Repair the
Mamaged/Corrupted Files/Folder on your system inseated of inserting the CD
Aspire X-Superalien 500W
Asus P4c800E Deluxe
Intel P-4 800 3.0G 1mb cache
Crucial 2x 512MB DDR400
2x WD 80GB Sata 150 7200rpm 8M
Ati Radeon 9800XT 256MB
Audigy 2ZS
Windows XP , home

Regards,
nass

Joe

larry said:
nass
thanks for your reply , appreciate it. the source path is set to C:\ ,
thats where
my i386 folder is C:\i386 . do you mean change the source path to C:\i386?
thanks again
larry

When it prompts for the CD, I believe you click OK, and then you'll be
given the option to browse after the next prompt. I haven't tried it
with XP yet, but hope you're given that option.. that's how it works
with W98 machines.

MAP

larry said:
-- i have copied my i386 folder from winxp cd to C:\ ,
downloaded windows xp-kb835935-ENU.exe to
myC:\ and changed name to xpsp2.exe , set windows sourcepath to C:\
(regedit) , set windows nt
source path to C:\ , run xpsp2.exe -u -s:c:\ and this dadburn thing
still asks for my win xp cd when i try
to run sfc /scannow.
would one of you fine folks tell me what else i can try?
thanks
larry

Aspire X-Superalien 500W
Asus P4c800E Deluxe
Intel P-4 800 3.0G 1mb cache
Crucial 2x 512MB DDR400
2x WD 80GB Sata 150 7200rpm 8M
Ati Radeon 9800XT 256MB
Audigy 2ZS
Windows XP , home

Read here
http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Sorry no browse option for Windows File Protection. It's running in the
system security context so browsing would have to be in the system security
context, which is considered a security risk.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:46:41 -0500
<From: Joe <[email protected]>
<Subject: Re: sfc /scannow
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
<
,
<> thats where
<> my i386 folder is C:\i386 . do you mean change the source path to
C:\i386?
<> thanks again
<> larry
<
<When it prompts for the CD, I believe you click OK, and then you'll be
<given the option to browse after the next prompt. I haven't tried it
<with XP yet, but hope you're given that option.. that's how it works
<with W98 machines.
<
<--
<Joe =o)
<

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
So have you installed the servicepack SP2? Or did you install a using the
slipstreamed share?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup -
Servicepacksourcepath
also needs to set if you installed the service pack separately
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?bGFycnk=?= <[email protected]>
<Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 05:53:01 -0800
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
<
<Ayush
<
< thanks for your reply , sure do appreciate it. i changed the right
<registry key.
<are there anything else i can try?
<thanks again
<larry
<--
<
<Aspire X-Superalien 500W
<Asus P4c800E Deluxe
<Intel P-4 800 3.0G 1mb cache
<Crucial 2x 512MB DDR400
<2x WD 80GB Sata 150 7200rpm 8M
<Ati Radeon 9800XT 256MB
<Audigy 2ZS
<Windows XP , home
<
<
<
<"Ayush" wrote:
<
<> Replied to [larry]'s message {REPLY BELOW} :
<> -----------------------------------------------------------
<> > -- i have copied my i386 folder from winxp cd to C:\ ,
<> > downloaded windows xp-kb835935-ENU.exe to
<> > myC:\ and changed name to xpsp2.exe , set windows sourcepath to C:\
<> > (regedit) , set windows nt
<> > source path to C:\ , run xpsp2.exe -u -s:c:\ and this dadburn thing
<> > still asks for my win xp cd when i try
<> > to run sfc /scannow.
<> > would one of you fine folks tell me what else i can try?
<> > thanks
<>
<> May be you changed the wrong registry key. The source path key is :
<> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup -
<> SourcePath
<>
<>
<> --