Setting Up An Email Account ... POP3 etc

Isabel Norval

I have tried to set up an email acount with microsoft windows, but only got
as far as receiving an error report.

I filled in POP3 on the first part of the server dialogue box and SM(P?)T on
the second box

These were complete random guesses as I have no idea what they mean or what
the correct ones are, far less how to find them.

Why do they have to make these systems so difficult? How do I find out this
information?

I am on broadband, is this anything to do with the question?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Isabel Norval

mac

Isabel Norval said:
I have tried to set up an email acount with microsoft windows, but only got
as far as receiving an error report.

I filled in POP3 on the first part of the server dialogue box and SM(P?)T
on the second box

These were complete random guesses as I have no idea what they mean or
what the correct ones are, far less how to find them.

Why do they have to make these systems so difficult? How do I find out
this information?

I am on broadband, is this anything to do with the question?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Isabel Norval

Go here and use the link to 'How to set up Windows Mail'.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/...TION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=null

If you have problems get back to this message and please provide any
complete error messages by copy & paste.

mac

Isabel Norval said:
I have tried to set up an email acount with microsoft windows, but only got
as far as receiving an error report.

I filled in POP3 on the first part of the server dialogue box and SM(P?)T
on the second box

These were complete random guesses as I have no idea what they mean or
what the correct ones are, far less how to find them.

Why do they have to make these systems so difficult? How do I find out
this information?

I am on broadband, is this anything to do with the question?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Isabel Norval

Also see:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/...TION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=null

Use the settings provided on the link to 'addresses ending in blueyonder' in
conjunction with the diagrams provided in my earlier link.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

It's really not that difficult.
You get the correct mail server names from your mail service provider.
Do you have an existing email address? If so, what is the part of
your email address after the @ symbol? That part represents your
mail service provider.

Your mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to
set up an email program. If you need more help, tell us the name of
your email service provider. If you currently don't have an email
address, we can help with that also.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)