setting up an email account

Mp

Ok I had to redo my computer and I used to use this email all the time but
now I cant set it up right.
For incoming I used to use pop.insight.rr.com
for outgoing was smtp.insight.rr.com

this is not right I use insight which is a form or Time Warner. This is the
error I get when I hit download mail and I followed instructions ugh, I use
a pop3 at leaast I always did.
The host 'pop.insight.rr.com' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'pop-server', Server: 'pop.insight.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port:
110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Thanks for any and alll help it is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

mac

Mp said:
Ok I had to redo my computer and I used to use this email all the time but
now I cant set it up right.
For incoming I used to use pop.insight.rr.com
for outgoing was smtp.insight.rr.com

this is not right I use insight which is a form or Time Warner. This is
the
error I get when I hit download mail and I followed instructions ugh, I
use
a pop3 at leaast I always did.
The host 'pop.insight.rr.com' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'pop-server', Server: 'pop.insight.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port:
110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Thanks for any and alll help it is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

try:
pop-server.insight.rr.com
smtp-server.insight.rr.com

http://help.rr.com/HMSFaqs/e_password_emailoe5.aspx

HTH?

Mp

Mac thank you I can get mail now but not send any other ideas? I used the
pop-server.insight.rr.com and the smtp-server.insight.rr.com and I get this
error....

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'pop-server', Server: 'smtp-server.insight.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '530 Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Mp" wrote in message
Mac thank you I can get mail now but not send any other ideas? I used the
pop-server.insight.rr.com and the smtp-server.insight.rr.com and I get this
error....

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'pop-server', Server: 'smtp-server.insight.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '530 Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Mp

You guys are the best THANK YOU so much it has all worked and is working :)

"Mp" wrote in message
Mac thank you I can get mail now but not send any other ideas? I used the
pop-server.insight.rr.com and the smtp-server.insight.rr.com and I get this
error....

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'pop-server', Server: 'smtp-server.insight.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '530 Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Brian said:
If the above doesn't work try:

POP mail.insightbb.com
SMTP mail.insightbb.com

.

.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

"Mp" wrote in message
Mac thank you I can get mail now but not send any other ideas? I used the
pop-server.insight.rr.com and the smtp-server.insight.rr.com and I get this
error....

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'pop-server', Server: 'smtp-server.insight.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '530 Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Brian said:
If the above doesn't work try:

POP mail.insightbb.com
SMTP mail.insightbb.com