setting notice to group in intranet (large company, recipients in different locations)

R

R. Choate

Here's my situation and my question -- there are certain deadlines and tasks that are due on a monthly basis, all revolving around
certain business days (related to closing the corporate books). Presently these deadlines are on an excel based calendar located on
the intranet, and a monthly email reminder is sent out restating the deadlines. As you can see it is somewhat awkward to force
people to navigate through the intranet and then print out the calendar or read an email and then transcribe it to their own
calendar, whether electronic or manual.

A suggestion has come up to somehow get it on everyone's calendar. I know it could be sent out as a recurring meeting but Outlook
seems to limit it to day of the month as opposed to business day. Example: Forecast report is due on 8th workday.

Any ideas as to how this notice could be sent out once a year and have it show up on everyone's calendar for each month?

R

R. Choate

Thank you ! I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner and I can't tell you just yet if this solved the issue. I'm trying to help my former
boss with his problem as described, but I don't know Outlook that well (especially with Exchange server), he doesn't know user
forums that well, and he won't be able to do what you suggested until his schedule allows. Still, I forwarded your post to him and
explained the importance of the MVP designation, as well as the quality of your website, and your impressive professional
credentials. I may end up contacting you at some point, through the NG if possible, if he and I aren't able to understand your
instructions from your website. We will probably be OK. He is very smart, and I am a developer for Excel and Access. Together we
should be able to follow your directions.

Thanks again,
--
RMC,CPA

http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company

you'll need to enter the dates for each month - but will only need to do it
once. :)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/

Ask a Question