Server Slow

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The server seems to be very, very slow at the moment - to the extent that the hosting company have restarted it as it appeared to be offline! I'm looking in to this now to see what is happening :)

Reaction score
Yep its been happening over the past week or so I have noticed but thought you would be ontop of it ayway Ian so didnt bother mentioning it

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure why it's so fast now actually, nothing has changed from when it was slow :lol: I have a feeling it's down to the search bots - as there were lots online at the time, so when it went down they seem to have stopped being as active.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I'm not sure why it's so fast now actually, nothing has changed from when it was slow
laughingsmiley.gif
I have a feeling it's down to the search bots - as there were lots online at the time, so when it went down they seem to have stopped being as active.

lol or maybe the wrong kinda snow....:lol: :p

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Out in the wilds here I have been able to get on line or not get on line or get on line slower than dial up or get on line really fast at all sorts of sites since the snows came. I recon it is bad connections somewhere. BT ought to look at how they are supplying the country with broadband. Even Morrisons were having problems with the card readers at the fuel station. It really is not good enough. A bit of bad weather and the country stops. How do they manage in the rest of Europe where they have much worse weather than us in winter.

user.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's been intermittent for me.

Right now it's fine.

Past coupla days sometimes it's been slower than molasses creeping down an icy sheet of sandpaper.

Seriously. Has sometimes taken three minutes to load a page.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
When the server load is low at the weekend, I'll take a look at which MySQL queries are causing a slowdown and see where they are coming from (and then see if it's possible to stop it from happening). :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Load up time for pages here is pretty nippy for me today. Probably the best I have had. Just posting so you have information is all.

happywave.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up :) I'm going to take a look at the database slow log today/tomorrow to see what was slowing it down midweek :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've made some changes to how PHP works, so we'll find out over the next few days if this does the trick :) It runs the risk of being unstable (the only way to find out is to test), but it should be much faster under load (~3PM weekdays).

I get e-mailed every time there is an error, so I should be able to monitor it and switch back pretty quickly if things go pear shaped. :)

Ask a Question