Security Alert on startup

Mark

Every time I start a certain computer, Norton Firewall
shows an alert stating that 127.0.0.1 attempted to access
the computer using the netspy trojan. I know for certain
that this trojan is not on the computer but the warning
is given every time. Can anybody advise me what is going
on here?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Go to "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\HOSTS" and delete
the Hosts file, then reboot. You can read the contents of that
file by right-clicking on it and open it with Notepad before
you delete it.

Read the following:
http://servicenews.symantec.com/cgi...neric.virus_corporate.general&tpre=ent--Carey FrischMicrosoft MVPWindows XP - Shell/UserBe Smart! Protect your PC!http://www.microsoft.com/security/p...---------------------------------------------"Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message: Every time I start a certain computer, Norton Firewall| shows an alert stating that 127.0.0.1 attempted to access| the computer using the netspy trojan. I know for certain| that this trojan is not on the computer but the warning| is given every time. Can anybody advise me what is going| on here?