    Searchcentrix or Interenet Optimizer. I can't seem to
    find the culprit program when I view my list from "Add &
    Remove Programs."

    Tony, Jan 5, 2004

  2. "Tony" <> wrote in message
    news:021f01c3d3b5$0c5f0140$
    > It seems that a program has infected my search feature in
    > IE 6.0. I can not customize my search bar, and a simple
    > search from MSN, Google, or Yahoo's Web Page defaults to
    > Searchcentrix or Interenet Optimizer. I can't seem to
    > find the culprit program when I view my list from "Add &
    > Remove Programs."

    First eliminate any scumware.
    See
    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
    won't. Also, each need to be updated before every use, even when just
    downloaded.

    If trying everything at that site does not fix the problem please post back
    in the same thread.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE, Jan 5, 2004