Script Error = Can't print pages on the web

Rudy Lawicka Lawicka

I recently started receiving an error message everytime I
try to print. I have Win 98SE and am using Internet
Explorer 6. Nothing is available on the Microsoft help
site for Win98SE for this problem. The error is as
follows:

! An Error has occured in the Script on this Page

Incompatable Version of RPC Stub

Can anyone out there help me??????????
Rudy
email: (e-mail address removed)

Don Varnau

Rudy,
From an archived message from Henri Leboeuf:
- - -
Reinstall the script engine.

Microsoft's Scripting download
Get the latest. Two download versions are available for
Windows Script 5.6. The first version requires Windows
2000; the second version requires Microsoft Windows 98,
Millenium Edition (Me), or NT 4.0. Please choose the
download appropriate for your operating system.
url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp

If still no joy then try this fix.

From Jonathan Woodard [MSFT]
-----------------------------
We have just posted an updated version of Windows Script
5.6 at this link:

http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
FamilyId=0A8A18F6-249C-4A72-BFCF-
FC6AF26DC390&displaylang=en
*** You'll have to repair that link ***

For folks running Windows 98 (including Windows 98 Second
Edition (SE)), or Windows Millennium Edition (Me); and
experiencing hanging/unresponsive downloads from Windows
Update, please download and install this updated Windows
Script 5.6. This should resolve hung/hanging/unresponsive
downloads for Win9x platforms.

This new package of Windows Script 5.6 has version 6626 of
dispex.dll. The previous package had version 8515 of
dispex.dll. During installation you may be asked if you
want to overwrite a newer version dispex.dll with an older
one - click Yes.
- - -

Hope this helps,
Don

Get the latest. Two download versions are available for
Windows Script 5.6. The first version requires Windows
2000; the second version requires Microsoft Windows 98,
Millenium Edition (Me), or NT 4.0. Please choose the
download appropriate for your operating system.
url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp

If still no joy then try this fix.

From Jonathan Woodard [MSFT]

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Rudy Lawicka (e-mail address removed)"
wrote in message news:287e901c4646a$b6aa6db0 [email protected]...

.Reply: Thank you very much for your help. I will try
these "fixes" and let you know if it worked and which one
worked.