Screensavers

Discussion in 'Freeware' started by Susan Bugher, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. Susan Bugher

    Susan Bugher Guest

    Freeware screensavers:

    http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/

    Time Zone tells you what time it is all over the world. Variuous layouts are possible, and of
    course you can configure what time zones are important for you.

    MessageFX is a screensaver to display text messages with multiple lines and many different amazing
    effects.

    and more. . .

    Susan
    --
    Posted to alt.comp.freeware
    http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

    Susan Bugher, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Susan Bugher

    badgolferman Guest

    Susan Bugher, 8/2/2005, 6:19:03 PM, wrote:

    > Freeware screensavers:
    >
    > http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/
    >
    > Time Zone tells you what time it is all over the world. Variuous
    > layouts are possible, and of course you can configure what time zones
    > are important for you.
    >
    > MessageFX is a screensaver to display text messages with multiple
    > lines and many different amazing effects.
    >
    > and more. . .
    >

    > Susan

    Nice ones. Thank you.

    --
    "I miss. I miss. I miss. I make."
    Seve Ballesteros describing his four-putt at Augusta's No. 16 in 1988.

    badgolferman, Aug 2, 2005

  3. "Susan Bugher" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > Freeware screensavers:
    >
    > http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/
    >
    > Time Zone tells you what time it is all over the world. Variuous layouts

    are possible, and of
    > course you can configure what time zones are important for you.
    >
    > MessageFX is a screensaver to display text messages with multiple lines

    and many different amazing
    > effects.
    >
    > and more. . .

    but, also less :) don't run on Win ME :(

    lh

    Laurent Herve, Aug 3, 2005
  4. Susan Bugher wrote:
    > Freeware screensavers:
    >
    > http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/
    >
    > Time Zone tells you what time it is all over the world. Variuous
    > layouts are possible, and of course you can configure what time zones
    > are important for you.
    >
    > MessageFX is a screensaver to display text messages with multiple lines
    > and many different amazing effects.
    >
    > and more. . .
    >

    > Susan

    they also have a nice app launcher that works great with removable
    drives such as USB drives or zip drives.

    --
    Woodzy

    http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
    http://rtdos.com/community.htm ( retro computing community )

    (ProteanThread), Aug 3, 2005
  5. Susan Bugher

    Susan Bugher Guest

    (ProteanThread) wrote:
    > Susan Bugher wrote:

    >> http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/

    > they also have a nice app launcher that works great with removable
    > drives such as USB drives or zip drives.

    LOL - We've come full circle. I started with a post of yours about PStart - noticed the screensavers
    while I was at the site.

    Program: PStart
    Author: Pegtop Software
    Install: (n.i.)
    Ware: (Freeware)
    http://www.pegtop.net/

    Susan
    --
    Posted to alt.comp.freeware
    http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

    Susan Bugher, Aug 3, 2005
  6. Susan Bugher

    Susan Bugher Guest

    Laurent Herve wrote:
    > "Susan Bugher" <> a écrit dans le message de news:

    >>http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/

    >>and more. . .

    > but, also less :) don't run on Win ME :(

    What OS do they run on? I couldn't find any infomation on the site.

    Susan
    --
    Posted to alt.comp.freeware
    http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

    Susan Bugher, Aug 3, 2005
  7. Susan Bugher

    lisztfr Guest

    I tried again, but unfortunatly i can't start them !
    sad because smoodoo looks fine... i see it in thumbnail
    size when configuring it. btw i remember a nice sreen saver,
    auphoria.scr :

    http://tigger.smu.edu.sg/software/screensavers/

    Lh

    lisztfr, Aug 3, 2005
  8. Susan Bugher

    chris Guest

    "Susan Bugher" <> wrote in message

    > >>http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/

    > >>and more. . .

    > > but, also less :) don't run on Win ME :(

    > What OS do they run on? I couldn't find any infomation on the site.

    downloaded one screensaver and followed the install instruction
    ==> To install a screensaver, after downloading rightclick the .scr file it
    and select install from the popup menu.

    It's works on W98SE.

    chris, Aug 3, 2005
  9. Susan Bugher

    lisztfr Guest

    I have install the smoodoo on 2 machines, and both
    cannot display it...

    1 PC amd+nvidia, installed with 1 mn delay : i see a brief
    shadow, then nothing more : no Test is possible, and no
    preview is possible. the screen is only blinking 1 time, then
    finish :(
    exactly the same with DEll laptop...

    lisztfr, Aug 3, 2005
  10. Susan Bugher

    Susan Bugher Guest

    lisztfr wrote:

    > I tried again, but unfortunatly i can't start them !
    > sad because smoodoo looks fine... i see it in thumbnail
    > size when configuring it.

    Thanks Laurent and Chris. I wish authors would furnish info about OS and any other special
    requirements - it seems that trial and error is the only way to find out in this case. . .

    btw i remember a nice sreen saver,
    > auphoria.scr :
    >
    > http://tigger.smu.edu.sg/software/screensavers/

    That file name hasn't been mentioned in ACF and a little more Googling did not produce a home page
    or author. I need this information about Euphoria.scr (I assume auphoria.scr was just a typo) in
    order to list it on the ACF program info pages: Program name, Author, Ware type.

    OS info would be nice too. . . ;)

    Susan
    --
    Posted to alt.comp.freeware
    http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

    Susan Bugher, Aug 3, 2005
  11. Susan Bugher

    ncSkeet Guest

    Susan Bugher wrote:

    > btw i remember a nice sreen saver,
    >> auphoria.scr :
    >> http://tigger.smu.edu.sg/software/screensavers/

    > That file name hasn't been mentioned in ACF and a little more Googling
    > did not produce a home page or author. I need this information about
    > Euphoria.scr (I assume auphoria.scr was just a typo) in order to list it
    > on the ACF program info pages: Program name, Author, Ware type.
    >
    > OS info would be nice too. . . ;)
    >
    > Susan

    All screensavers listed at that site are part of the Really Slick
    Screensavers collection, shown here:

    http://www.reallyslick.com/

    --
    ncSkeet

    ncSkeet, Aug 4, 2005
  12. Susan Bugher

    chris Guest

    "lisztfr" <> wrote in message
    > I have install the smoodoo on 2 machines, and both
    > cannot display it...
    >
    > 1 PC amd+nvidia, installed with 1 mn delay : i see a brief
    > shadow, then nothing more : no Test is possible, and no
    > preview is possible. the screen is only blinking 1 time, then
    > finish :(
    > exactly the same with DEll laptop...

    I downloaded the lavalamp and it worked fine as screensaver, could change
    colours, etc. It looks like I downloaded the only one screensaver that
    worked!

    Why do you have so much troubles?
    I downloaded smoodoo and deflection and ..... got troubles.
    The screensavers are working fine if I select one of them in the
    configuration - display - screensaver section
    But after that it's just the same as you describe above. Blinking 1 time and
    it's over, goodbye, finished. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

    Susan, I'm sorry. I was to optimistic by saying the screensavers were
    working on W98SE.
    I have to test them all. That's crazy.

    chris, Aug 4, 2005
  13. i installed it on my fathers dell laptop with windows me and it runs
    just fine.

    *ProteanThread*, Aug 4, 2005
  14. they all work fine for me. tried them on a dell laptop with windows me
    and an hp pavillion with windows 98SE.

    try copying them directly to the windows\system32 directory (there is a
    bug in windows and it is in all versions of windows that you can only
    have so many screensavers here)

    *ProteanThread*, Aug 4, 2005
  15. Susan Bugher

    Susan Bugher Guest

    Susan Bugher, Aug 4, 2005
  16. On that special day, chris, () said...

    > But after that it's just the same as you describe above. Blinking 1 time and
    > it's over, goodbye, finished. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

    In the zipfile from Really Slick savers I found a readme, that says
    (among other things)

    Dependencies:

    Skyrocket requires OpenAL for sound, and it will not function without
    the OpenAL runtime installed. If you do not already have the
    OpenAL runtime installed, you can install it by running OpenALwEAX.exe.
    The version of OpenAL32.dll that was distributed with previous versions
    of Skyrocket is extremely old and will not work with the most current
    version of Skyrocket.

    Maybe *that* is your problem. They terminate, because they couldn't
    find a recent OpenAL32.dll.

    Gabriele Neukam

    just so, at no cost.

    Gabriele Neukam, Aug 4, 2005
  17. Susan Bugher

    Susan Bugher Guest

    chris wrote:
    > "lisztfr" <> wrote in message

    > I downloaded smoodoo and deflection and ..... got troubles.
    > The screensavers are working fine if I select one of them in the
    > configuration - display - screensaver section
    > But after that it's just the same as you describe above. Blinking 1 time and
    > it's over, goodbye, finished. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
    >
    > Susan, I'm sorry. I was to optimistic by saying the screensavers were
    > working on W98SE.

    dunno why you're apologizing. *I* was the one who posted the link. . . :(

    BTW - the link *you* posted has a nice looking assortment of screensavers (with downloads *and*
    links to the authors' sites):

    http://www.wischik.com/scr/savers.html :) :) :)

    Susan
    --
    Posted to alt.comp.freeware
    http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

    Susan Bugher, Aug 4, 2005
  18. Susan Bugher

    Susan Bugher Guest

    Gabriele Neukam wrote:

    > On that special day, chris, () said...
    >
    >>But after that it's just the same as you describe above. Blinking 1 time and
    >>it's over, goodbye, finished. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

    > In the zipfile from Really Slick savers I found a readme, that says
    > (among other things)

    Wrong apps. The link got lost along the way. This discussion is about the screensavers at:

    http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/

    Susan
    --
    Posted to alt.comp.freeware
    http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

    Susan Bugher, Aug 4, 2005
  19. Susan Bugher

    chris Guest

    "Susan Bugher" <> wrote in

    >> dunno why you're apologizing. *I* was the one who posted the link. . .

    :(

    I was the one who said that the programs were working under W98SE. ;-)
    Maybe they all work under W98SE, but not on my computer.
    I had to say : there is a possibility that the screensavers will work under
    W98SE.

    > This discussion is about the screensavers at:

    http://www.pegtop.net/screensaver/

    They do there job on "ProteanThread's" computers, but there seems to be
    some trouble to get them working on other computers.
    Tried them all and this are my results :

    Timezone : IOPR / runtime error
    Smoodoo : running one time?
    Deflection : running one time?
    Lavalamp : works
    Famous : works
    Messagefx : works
    Dancelight : works

    chris, Aug 5, 2005
  20. Susan Bugher

    chris Guest

    "Gabriele Neukam" wrote in message

    > In the zipfile from Really Slick savers I found a readme, that says
    > (among other things)
    >
    > Dependencies:
    > Skyrocket requires OpenAL for sound, and it will not function without
    > the OpenAL runtime installed

    > Maybe *that* is your problem. They terminate, because they couldn't
    > find a recent OpenAL32.dll.

    I downloaded the all-in-one screensaver file from Really Slick and
    everything works fine ( W98SE ).
    I also downloaded the latest Openal32.dll and an older one, but that makes
    no difference.
    I tested all the screensavers from http://www.reallyslick.com/ and I
    have no problems at all at this moment with those screensavers.

    But as Susan mentioned : wrong apps.

    chris, Aug 5, 2005