    I run scanpst.exe, it says there are no errors in my pst file. However, I
    can then access my contacts. Later in the day, I have to do the same thing.

    What in the world is going on?

    MHoffmeier, Dec 7, 2004

  2. How big is your .pst file? And what version of Outlook?

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

    After furious head scratching, MHoffmeier asked:

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], Dec 7, 2004

  3. MHoffmeier

    MHoffmeier Guest

    Holy Cow! my pst file is 111mb I checked for large attachments, but do not
    see any
    I use Outlook 2002 sp3

    MHoffmeier, Dec 7, 2004
  4. MHoffmeier <mhoffmeier_spammenot_ok?@hargray.com> wrote:

    > Holy Cow! my pst file is 111mb

    That's quite small for a PST. Your PST can grow more than ten times larger
    than that.

    If I were in your shoes, I'd create a new PST, make it my delivery location,
    then copy everything in the old PST to the new one.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Dec 7, 2004
  5. MHoffmeier

    MHoffmeier Guest

    I will try that, thanks

    MHoffmeier, Dec 8, 2004
  6. MHoffmeier

    MHoffmeier Guest

    I tried that, and I'm back to the having to run scanpst several times a day.
    I suppose that scanpst is fixing something, because outlook will work for a
    while after I run it. Is there another utility that could correct whatever
    is getting corrupted?

    MHoffmeier, Dec 10, 2004
  7. MHoffmeier <mhoffmeier_spammenot_ok?@hargray.com> wrote:

    > I tried that, and I'm back to the having to run scanpst several times
    > a day. I suppose that scanpst is fixing something, because outlook
    > will work for a while after I run it. Is there another utility that
    > could correct whatever is getting corrupted?

    No, but if I created a new PST, copied everything over to it from the
    "broken" PST and, after a while, got the same problem, I'd do the following:

    1) run a Detect and Repair
    2) create a new mail profile
    3) create another new PST

    If that didn't work, I'd pray! <grin>