Scanner Install

David

I have an HP 2200c scanner which was working fine on my
old computer running Windows XP. Now I try to connect
scanner to new computer, also Windows XP, I get
message "The class installer has denied the request to
install this device." What's that about?

Perdita X. Dream

David wrote in message:
I have an HP 2200c scanner which was working fine on my
old computer running Windows XP. Now I try to connect
scanner to new computer, also Windows XP, I get
message "The class installer has denied the request to
install this device." What's that about?

If you'd take the time to get off your lazy arse, and do a
search at HP, you may get a result, instead of wasting the
bandwidth here, of something that has nothing to do with
Windows XP!

Please refer to link one in my signature. This is an FAQ,
asked several times a day, Had you searched before
posting - you wouldn't have needed to
post.

--
Perdita X. Dream

Please help us to help you
http://groups.google.com
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Please note that the reply address is fake.
Keep all posts to the groups as private requests for
assistance
(i.e. email/IM) cannot be acknowledged. Thank you.

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

Have you installed the software for the scanner on the new computer and is
that software up to date and XP compatible. Note, it may have worked on
your previous setup but there may be differences in configuration that are
effecting it on the new system. Start with the software and make sure it is
XP compatible or visit the HP site to check for your hardware and software
compatibility and/or updates.