    quality and fast please?

    Thanks
    Simon

    Simon Wheway, Sep 10, 2009

  2. Simon Wheway

    John Inzer Guest

    Simon Wheway wrote:
    > Im using Digital Image Suite v11 (Aniversary Edition). If I scan
    > using the editor i can adjust the scanned image resolution fine, but
    > you have to invokle the scanner via file/import etc for each picture.
    > So i tried the wizard but I can find out how to adjust the resolution
    > above the default using Automatic Scan. If I use the manual option a)
    > it doesnt use the resolution I specify and b) it doesnt resize to the
    > size of the photo.
    >
    > Is it possible to increase the scanned resolution in the wizard and
    > if not, what software would you recommend to scan 100's of pictures
    > in descent quality and fast please?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Simon

    =====================================
    You would have more control using Digital Image
    but the XP Scanner Wizard does have a few options.

    On the "Choose Scanning Preferences" screen...
    left click the "Custom Settings" button and you
    can increase the DPI to as much as 1200.
    (300 or maybe 600 is all you really need for
    scanning Color Prints. A higher DPI may be
    useful when scanning B&W photos)

    In the "Preview Pane" you can drag the corners of
    the selection box to reduce the area it will scan and
    then you can move it over the image to select any
    portion you wish to isolate. Also...the selection box
    can be nudged with your arrow keys.

    If you stay in the Wizard...it will retain your DPI
    setting for subsequent scans. After...a scan is
    completed just click the 'Back' button and you
    will be ready to scan another photo.

    The following site has lots of info on scanning:

    A Few Scanning Tips
    http://www.scantips.com/

    --

    J. Inzer MS-MVP