Say Susan

Lou

Susan,

I know you care deeply about freeware and ACF so I am wondering how you
feel about setting up either a moderated newsgroup or another forum.
ACF is approaching being worthless unless one is very good at setting
filters.

Lou

BrianE

Susan,

I know you care deeply about freeware and ACF so I am wondering how you
feel about setting up either a moderated newsgroup or another forum.
ACF is approaching being worthless unless one is very good at setting
filters.

Lou

Where on Earth did these lunatics come from?

I lurk mostly but find this group informative and entertaining.

B.

John Jay Smith

moderated newsgroup or another forum.

be sure to get a good supply of whips and chains too, for your guests.

If you buy bulk, you may get a discount.

Susan Bugher

I know you care deeply about freeware and ACF so I am wondering how you
feel about setting up either a moderated newsgroup

not me babe. . .

or another forum.

if we want to migrate to another newsgroup ACF.discussion is already
there.
ACF is approaching being worthless unless one is very good at setting
filters.

It's happened before. This too shall pass. Illegitimi non carborundum. .
.. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

elaich

It's happened before. This too shall pass. Illegitimi non carborundum. .
. ;)

I've noticed this seems to happen every June. Kiddies and bored college
students with nothing to do is the most common explanation.

Larry Sabo

ACF is approaching being worthless unless one is very good at setting
filters.

I find the following does a jood job...

Subject: christian* or abortion or india* or hindu* or muslim* or
islam* or terror* or criminal* or Jay or mohammed*

Tweak as required as new stuff comes along.

Larry

badgolferman

John Jay Smith

if you include "Jay" you are also filtering me....

Larry Sabo said:
ACF is approaching being worthless unless one is very good at setting
filters.

I find the following does a jood job...

islam* or terror* or criminal* or Jay or mohammed*

Tweak as required as new stuff comes along.

Larry

John Jay Smith

I know.. I was counting on someone like you to come around and reply to my
message so he can see

thanks :)

Lou

Susan said:
not me babe. . .

or another forum.

if we want to migrate to another newsgroup ACF.discussion is already
there.

It's happened before. This too shall pass. Illegitimi non carborundum. .
. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Learn something every day:))
http://www.santacruzpl.org/readyref/files/a-b/bastard.shtml

Lou
"Consulting: If you're not a part of the solution, there's good money to
be made in prolonging the problem."

chris

BrianE said:
I lurk mostly but find this group informative and entertaining.

very entertaining.

You need at least 2 moderated groups
1 for John Corliss and friends and 1 for the rest of the group.

Larry Sabo

Konrad said:
Hah! But you are allready filtered out so he couldnt see
your message :)

Regards
Konrad

Yeah, I suspected there would be some with that name unfairly
expunged. I'll delete that term and find an alternative.

Larry

John Corliss

chris said:
very entertaining. You need at least 2 moderated groups
1 for John Corliss and friends and 1 for the rest of the group.

Yes, yes... I'm a total monster. Everything I do is evil and wrong. The
world should be full of anarchy and this group should be full of porno
spam and discussion of commercial software.

I guarantee you, if such groups could be created and people could
actually be found who would be willing to moderate them, the first group
would be far more popular and productive.

But it ain't gonna happen, so life goes on.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)

John Corliss

Konrad said:
Hah! But you are allready filtered out so he couldnt see
your message :)

I have to filter John Jay Smith out myself because he insists on top
posting. He's not a bad person and his posts are generally on topic, but
having to deal with top posting in a group where most people bottom post
is simply not worth the effort to me.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)
for instance. No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware,
demoware, nagware, PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited
software, trialware, viruses or warez for me, please.

Ziggy Zagnuts

John Corliss said:
I have to filter John Jay Smith out myself because he insists on top
posting. He's not a bad person and his posts are generally on topic, but
having to deal with top posting in a group where most people bottom post
is simply not worth the effort to me.

I find this attitude awe-inspiringly mind numbing. 'Good person, on
topic'...his sin is where he puts his comments?

Whew.

It seems to me there are a LOT bigger things to worry about in life.

I sure hope if you have a problem and ask a question of the group that the
person who answers correctly doesn't top post it. Or perhaps you would
overlook it in that case, eh?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

Yeah, I suspected there would be some with that name unfairly
expunged. I'll delete that term and find an alternative.

You don't need to. "John Jay Smith" misread your filter. It won't
delete his posts unless he starts putting his name in the Subject
field.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

I find this attitude awe-inspiringly mind numbing. 'Good person,
on topic'...his sin is where he puts his comments?

I find it mind-numbing that you think of filtering in terms of
punishment for sins.
It seems to me there are a LOT bigger things to worry about in life.

Yes. For example, you could look for people who use filters and then
tell them why they shouldn't.
I sure hope if you have a problem and ask a question of the group
that the person who answers correctly doesn't top post it.

Generally, that's not much of a concern.
Or perhaps you would overlook it in that case, eh?

It's not too hard to filter people, but see their posts which are
direct replies to you.

Ziggy Zagnuts

»Q« said:
I find it mind-numbing that you think of filtering in terms of
punishment for sins.

I don't. My point is John (and others) do. I use my killfile liberally,
but for real problem posters, not someone whose style I have decided will
offend me.
Yes. For example, you could look for people who use filters and then
tell them why they shouldn't.

Again, I simply find anyone who would disregard actual content over such a
slight style issue is way overboard on their priorities. If that includes
you, wonderful.
Generally, that's not much of a concern.

A non-answer.
It's not too hard to filter people, but see their posts which are
direct replies to you.

Depending on your newsreader, no?