Saving Label Layouts?

Spider1999

I frequently print single file folder labels (Avery 8166).
I like to use Times New Roman 14pt bold centered, instead
of the Times New Roman 12pt regular left that the standard
label template provided by Word. But I having to reformat
every label with seven or eight steps to have the font and
centering I like. Is there a way to save the layout so I
can go back and create single labels in my layout without
having to go through all those steps each time?

TF

Use Tools, Envelopes and Label, select the label and then click on the Add
To Document button. You now have an empty page of labels - which is really
nothing more than a pre-formatted table. Select the table and now make all
the changes to paragraph and font selection. Finally, save this empty
table/form as a template - say15x2.dot. Next time you want the label, simply
use File, New and open a document from the template.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:I frequently print single file folder labels (Avery 8166).
: I like to use Times New Roman 14pt bold centered, instead
: of the Times New Roman 12pt regular left that the standard
: label template provided by Word. But I having to reformat
: every label with seven or eight steps to have the font and
: centering I like. Is there a way to save the layout so I
: can go back and create single labels in my layout without
: having to go through all those steps each time?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

"New Document" rather than "Add to Document" (which is on the Envelopes
tab).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

TF

Oops! Yes, I was remembering the Envelope option rather than the Label
option.

Terry

: "New Document" rather than "Add to Document" (which is on the Envelopes
: tab).
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
:
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
: all may benefit.
:
: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > Use Tools, Envelopes and Label, select the label and then click on the
Add
: > To Document button. You now have an empty page of labels - which is
really
: > nothing more than a pre-formatted table. Select the table and now make
all
: > the changes to paragraph and font selection. Finally, save this empty
: > table/form as a template - say15x2.dot. Next time you want the label,
: simply
: > use File, New and open a document from the template.
: >
: > --
: > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > http://word.mvps.org/