Saving an email message as an RTF or HTMLin Outlook 2003

Our managers have a process where they save their sent email to clients out
on a network share, so in the event one of them is out, the information is
out there if a client calls about a particular workorder.

One of our managers Outlook isn't saving them correctly. At first the
message was being saved with the attachment in it, which is sort of what we
want, but we want it saved as an RTF or HTML referencing the attachment.

There's a way to have the attachment show up under the subject line rather
than in the body of the email, and I can't remember how I got that
functionality. I think that's what the problem is. I compared my settings
with his and everything looks okay. What am I missing?

Here is an example of what I want to accomplish. All the other machines can
do this except the one in question.

The machine in question doesn't save the Attachments: line.

SgtRich

Our managers have a process where they save their sent email to clients out
on a network share, so in the event one of them is out, the information is
out there if a client calls about a particular workorder.

One of our managers Outlook isn't saving them correctly. At first the
message was being saved with the attachment in it, which is sort of what we
want, but we want it saved as an RTF or HTML referencing the attachment.

There's a way to have the attachment show up under the subject line rather
than in the body of the email, and I can't remember how I got that
functionality. I think that's what the problem is. I compared my settings
with his and everything looks okay. What am I missing?

If the message is formatted in RTF, the attachment will be located in
the body of the message. If the message is in either plain text or
HTML, the attachment will be listed under the Subject line, as you
want it. Change the format of the RTF messages to HTML and your
attachments should appear where you want them.

I did that, and that is how mine is set up, however, it's not working. It
makes a copy of everything, but it doesn't insert the attachments line.

Is there some sort of "global" system setting somewhere that I might look
at? Something seems a little off with this managers system. Things don't
quite work the same in many cases. This is an XP SP2 machine. I don't have
a history of the setup on it.