SASSER WORM IS A BITCH!

Joh N.

NetNut, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to use,
wrote:
Goodbye Troll,
***plunk***

Aaaawwww...another one without the cods to stand up and read the truth.

Joh N.

kurttrail

Steve said:
I know what you are saying about the short window but I don't think
you
grasp the meaning of my post. Maybe you aren't making excuses but
these responses seem like they are at least diverting the attention
from where
it belongs if the goal is to PREVENT such things in the first place;
where the problem originated is in the vulnerability. Microsoft
obviously knew about it quite some time back because the vulnerability
does not exist in Win2K3 server, and did nothing until a couple of
weeks
ago.

Now don't get me wrong, every OS has vulnerabilities but clearly
Windows
is the absolute worst in this regard. It's unfortunate that it is the
most popular OS and the most exploited OS in personal computing.

I'll change that. There's no reliable way to know if a munged email
addy
is going to hit a bonafide server that I know of. If you can give
better guidelines than I've read at the usual places I'd appreciate
it.

Steve

http://www.domainsearch.com/

Or if you want, you are welcome to use (e-mail address removed). Anything
sent to an email account that I haven't setup up just gets bounced.
More than likely, that's all that happens with your present spam email
address. Since whatever email address, registered domain or not, is
gonna get sent spam anyway, the spammers would still be using the same
amount of bandwith.

I created a catch-all account when I first register my microscum domain,
and it caught about a thousand emails. I quickly killed that catch-all
account. Now anything that is sent to an account that I don't have
setup just bounces. No harm to me, or to my domain.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

Steve Nielsen said:
I'll change that. There's no reliable way to know if a munged email addy
is going to hit a bonafide server that I know of. If you can give better
guidelines than I've read at the usual places I'd appreciate it.

Steve

Any address ending in .Local is not a valid (or at least visible on the
Internet) address, and so will not impact any real address.

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

NetNut

Goodbye Joh,
This is a Help newsgroup. Not a political Form.
You make it so easy. Goodbye Troll.
The NetNut.

Don Burnette

kurttrail said:
And if your company wasn't a monopoly, and there was actually
competition in the Desktop PC OS market, Sasser & all the rest would
hardly do anything. There are Mac nasties & Linux nasties, but the
have hardly any affect on the world as a whole.

There are the people that had problems with MS patch slowing down
their computers, Windows Update working really flakey right after the
patched was released.

Your company's predatory business practices, and decades of ignoring
security in coding, plus the problems people have had with both the
patch and Windows Update, add it all together, and your company is at
least as culpable as the Sasser scumbags.

Your company is NOT the victim here. We the People are!

Hardly.
Free society, and democracy. There certainly are other choices besides
Windows, and nothing stopping a company from developing another OS.
No problems with patches here.
No problems with updates

Poor victim, guess you think the world owes you everything don't you?
Get a life. Get a job. Try and make a difference.
Your words, only show more each day how nutty and obsessed you really are.

Don Burnette

kurttrail said:
Tell it to all the businesses & people that have been infected by it.

Cry us a river little boy.
Another good example why spanking shoud have been kept in the schools.

Don Burnette

Nuts said:
----- NetNut wrote: -----

Goodbye Troll,
***plunk***
message --snip--

Hello, NutBag! ;-)

I appreciated you typing the sound your brain makes just before you
flush it. Thanks! ;-)

Hmmm.
Scum.
Kurtrail.

How fitting.

Don Burnette

Joh said:
NetNut, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to

Aaaawwww...another one without the cods to stand up and read the
truth.

Joh N.

What a chicken hawk. Your really in love with that guy aren't you? Get a
room.

kurttrail

Don said:
Hmmm.
Scum.
Kurtrail.

How fitting.

To a moron like you, you see scum. In Reality, I only change the last 3
letters of Microsoft. That way I got to CUM on MS name with me domain.

That's allright Don, no one expects you to be bright enough to figure it
out, as one sees only what one is! You see scum, you are scum.

--

Don said:
What a chicken hawk. Your really in love with that guy aren't you?
Get a room.

LOL! I love how in your recent posts you lay bare what you subconsciously
think about yourself.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei!"

kurttrail

Don said:
Hardly.
Free society, and democracy.

You forgot Capitalism.

There certainly are other choices
besides Windows, and nothing stopping a company from developing
another OS.

Their bottom line. Because MS ownes 95% of the desktops in the world, what
commercial entity is gonna make a business decision to support so few?
That's just one way that MS's monopoly stifles innovation by other
companies.
No problems with patches here.

Of course you only think about yourself and your miserable life. F*ck
everybody else.
No problems with updates

Well, you don't realy help anybody around here, so you probably wouldn't
have noticed all the questions about Windows Update problems recently,
especially around the time this round of patches was released.
Poor victim, guess you think the world owes you everything don't you?

And that's show how you see this, it's all about you against me, don't worry
about other people! Go back and look at my post, I was talking about me, I
was talking about the problems of others.
Get a life.

Why would I need two? And please don't think I would want yours! If a had
your life, I'd see Dr. Kevorkian, to put me out of your misery.
Get a job.

Got one, and I turn down jobs just about every week.
Try and make a difference.

Not only do I try, but I do. I try to help educate my fellow human being,
every single day.

Knowledge is Power!
Your words, only show more each day how nutty and obsessed you really
are.

I bet you were looking at your reflection in your monitor when you wrote
that.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=windows+monoculture+ubiquity

--

Don said:
Cry us a river little boy.
Another good example why spanking shoud have been kept in the schools.

Why are you so uncaring about that problems of others? Do you really feel
that insecure in yourself that that is the only person you care about?

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei!"

Jim Macklin

Kurt should enter a foot race for the paranoid, it runs deep
in his line.

"kurttrail" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
| Don Burnette wrote:
|
| > kurttrail wrote:

released.
released ( as
would never
virus writers
not having

> [...]
|
| Got one, and I turn down jobs just about every week.
|
| > Try and make a difference.
|
| Not only do I try, but I do. I try to help educate my
fellow human being,
| every single day.
|
| Knowledge is Power!
|
| > Your words, only show more each day how nutty and
obsessed you really
| > are.
|
| I bet you were looking at your reflection in your monitor
when you wrote
| that.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=windows+monoculture+ubiquity

| --
| Peace!
| Kurt
| Self-anointed Moderator
| microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
| http://microscum.com
| "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an
Oxymoron!
| "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei!"

Jim Macklin

My wife works for a college which has an IT department, or
so they say. Had they been doing the job they are paid to
do, as is the case with so many establishments, these worms
and viruses would never get off the ground.
They would be checking daily for updates and notices and
using their LAN to update the networks they are supposed to
be maintaining.

Perhaps the motto should be "Stupid and lazy people should
not compute."

"kurttrail" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
| Don Burnette wrote:
|
| > kurttrail wrote:
| >> Vagabond Software wrote:

message

> [...]
get'cha!!

course, I had
network, two of
but even the
have been

nights my RECEIVE

Jim said:
Kurt should enter a foot race for the paranoid, it runs deep
in his line.

You only attack me because you are jealous. You are a true-believer! Buy
everything you are told, by Bush and Microsoft. And anybody that thinks for
themselves is your enemy, because you envy their courage to stand up for
their own beliefs, where you can only stand up for what you have been told
to think!

Too bad your jealousy and blind devotion prevents you from arguing against
my opinions, so the only weapon you have are lame putdowns that an
elementary school kid would be too embarrassed to use!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei!"

Jim Macklin

take your own advice along with your meds.

Jim said:
My wife works for a college which has an IT department, or
so they say. Had they been doing the job they are paid to
do, as is the case with so many establishments, these worms
and viruses would never get off the ground.
They would be checking daily for updates and notices and
using their LAN to update the networks they are supposed to
be maintaining.

Perhaps the motto should be "Stupid and lazy people should
not compute."

With decades of code with little thought towards security, not just by MS
but throughout the commercial software market, how long do you think before
we see a Sasser-like bug before MS gets to release a patch?

I wonder if you'll be man enough to eat your words when it does happen.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei!"

kurttrail

bp said:
Agent works for "text based USENET" also you know.

Yes I do know that.

"And I have to use OE-quotefix to help make OE a half-way decent text
Newsreader. Plus I use OE to squat over my net identity with Hotmail, so
all I have to do is clear out all the Junk Mail that this unused account
receives to keep it active."

I am using OE anyway for the reason quoted above, but snipped by you.

--

Jim said:
take your own advice along with your meds.

When you have an opinion of your own let me know, and I'll present valid and
rational arguments for what I believe about that subject.