Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 XT 256MB

Discussion in 'ATI Video Cards' started by Nouj, Aug 9, 2004.

  1. Nouj

    Nouj Guest

    Hi People,

    Well, i was browsing the newsgroups today when i came across this guy
    making some claims about an X800 XT 256MB for only 40$.

    As usual, I was as sceptical as always about these scam claims, so i
    had to investigate for myself to see the deal. Well, after some
    investigation, i realized, that heck, i just might have a chance to
    get this X800 XT for real for only 40$!!! And the shipping worldwide
    is free!! Yahoo!!!

    No, i will not tell you that this is not a scam, or that this is not
    the pyramid, the matrix pyramid, the reverse pyramid or god knows
    which scamming maneuver. All i know, that the web site seems
    legitimate to me and the site's owner seems like an honest man.

    But the most important, chances now are pretty, pretty high, since
    the list is still young.
    It has in fact less than 40 People in it. It is only 40$ to
    participate, and you get an antenna booster, worth around 20$ and you
    get the shipping free. I have bought a similar antenna booster last
    year for my Sony-Ericson Ti68 and it worked not bad. In my basement,
    where the reception was virtually non existent, it is now at 50%
    reception.

    I never participated in such list before in my life, but when one
    risk nothing, one gets nothing.

    Oh!!!! One last thing before i give you the precious link. Why the
    title says 35$ not 40$, is for the following reason.

    If, and only if, you add "Nouj Dow" ( me ) as the "Referral ID:" on
    the web site's registration form, i will give 5$ to the first five
    persons that refer me, yes give 5$!! That's how strong i feel about
    this thing!

    Here is how it works: When filling the web site's registration form,
    please put "Nouj Dow" in the "Referral ID:" field, then send me an
    e-mail to and give me your name and the date
    you added yourself to the list. After i confirm that you actually used
    me as your referral, i will use PayPal to send you 5$. It is that
    simple...What this does, is that it helps me a bit to get the card
    faster, and make you save 5$ :)

    Well, here is the web site's URL http://www.itsfree2u.co.uk/x800xt.htm

    In the worst case scenario, you have paid 40$ for something that is
    worth 20$, but in the BEST CASE SCENARIO, you just bought yourself a
    video card worth 750$ for 40$ ( actually 35$ if you referred me....LOL
    ). But remember you should add yourself while the list is still
    pretty young to maximize your chances of actually getting the video
    card!

    So if you decide to go for it, then register now, while the list is
    small. Because the smaller the list, the faster you will get your
    precious card that will play DOOM3 and all the newest games at the
    maximum frame rate possible. It is seriously a killer card!

    I hope i do not sound like one of these scammer gyus. But i re-assure
    you, i am not. I am just a regular Joe who wants to get a kickass vide
    card :)

    Go check it out, and please do not forget to add "Nouj Dow" as the
    "Referral ID:" on the registration form if you decide to go for it :)

    Thanks!

    Nouj, Aug 9, 2004

  2. Nouj

    David Casey Guest

    On 8 Aug 2004 23:18:53 -0700, Nouj wrote:

    [snip lame pyramid scheme]

    > I hope i do not sound like one of these scammer gyus. But i re-assure
    > you, i am not. I am just a regular Joe who wants to get a kickass vide
    > card :)
    >
    > Go check it out, and please do not forget to add "Nouj Dow" as the
    > "Referral ID:" on the registration form if you decide to go for it :)

    I counted 37 people signed up so far. If each person has to wait until 24
    people sign up, that means in order for person #37 to get their card,
    another 888 people will have to sign up. Now, the 888th person to sign up
    will need 21,312 people to sign up in order to get their card. (It's rough
    late-night math, I could be off by a few hundred or thousand people either
    way.)

    Do you seriously think you're going to get 888 people to sign up? Take
    your stupid scam somewhere else. Might I suggest alt.i.am.stupid?

    Dave
    --
    We are the US military. Your asses will be kicked. Resistance is futile.

    US Army Signal Corps!
    www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

    Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

    David Casey, Aug 9, 2004

  3. Nouj

    David Casey Guest

    On 8 Aug 2004 23:18:53 -0700, Nouj wrote:

    [snip top and bottom]

    > But the most important, chances now are pretty, pretty high, since
    > the list is still young.
    > It has in fact less than 40 People in it. It is only 40$ to
    > participate, and you get an antenna booster, worth around 20$ and you
    > get the shipping free. I have bought a similar antenna booster last
    > year for my Sony-Ericson Ti68 and it worked not bad. In my basement,
    > where the reception was virtually non existent, it is now at 50%
    > reception.

    BTW, your $20 cell phone boosters can be bought on eBay in lots of 120 for
    less than $1.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48491&item=5713286166&rd=1

    Maybe that's what this scam is doing? Buying up lots of cell phone
    boosters for pennies, turning around and selling them to idiots like you
    for $40 while claiming it's worth $20, then after they make a few thousand
    dollars, sending you a $500 graphics card (don't know where you got $750
    from, but they're screwing you too).

    Dave

    David Casey, Aug 9, 2004

  4. > Do you seriously think you're going to get 888 people to sign up? Take
    > your stupid scam somewhere else. Might I suggest alt.i.am.stupid?

    LOL

    Daniel Czajko, Aug 9, 2004
  5. Nouj

    Icer Guest

    C'mon, he IS the scammer!! Its the same old thing, some idiots think
    they will get something for nothing and dive right in.

    Icer

    Icer, Aug 9, 2004
  6. Nouj

    David Casey Guest

    On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 10:35:45 -0400, Icer wrote:

    > C'mon, he IS the scammer!! Its the same old thing, some idiots think
    > they will get something for nothing and dive right in.

    It does appear to be a way to make a large amount of money since there
    seems to be no end to the idiots in the world. Perhaps I should look into
    this more. ;-)

    Dave

    David Casey, Aug 9, 2004
  7. Nouj

    Augustus Guest

    "Nouj" <> wrote in message
    > Hi People,
    >
    > Well, i was browsing the newsgroups today when i came across this guy
    > making some claims about an X800 XT 256MB for only 40$.
    >
    > As usual, I was as sceptical as always about these scam claims, so i
    > had to investigate for myself to see the deal. Well, after some
    > investigation, i realized, that heck, i just might have a chance to
    > get this X800 XT for real for only 40$!!! And the shipping worldwide
    > is free!! Yahoo!!!

    Pyramid scheme fraud, pure and simple. The one or two people who have
    "received" their cards are shills or accomplices of the scammer.

    Augustus, Aug 9, 2004