Sam Knows !!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/pm/signup.html

"After the success of SamKnows' initial round of broadband speed testing in 2009 we want to keep the momentum going, and in conjunction with Ofcom are looking to expand our broadband monitoring work into 2010 and beyond.

We aim to provide the UK with reliable and accurate statistics on the actual performance of broadband connections, and not just the speeds that they are advertised as being "up to". If you are interested in helping us by hosting one of our units and playing a part in changing the face of the UK broadband industry"

Signed up for this. Anyone else know anything about it ????

user.gif

Reaction score
Theyre only interested in UK AB......hope they don't burgle your gaff when you're out, lol. Did you read the requirements ??

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Theyre only interested in UK AB......hope they don't burgle your gaff when you're out, lol. Did you read the requirements ??

Yep read the requirements. Got accepted and have been running their box for four days now. Just was curious as to what the data means that I am collecting. I can view the data as it is being collected but am not sure what it all means. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
3. You are not a heavy downloader. We'd classify anything above 30GB per month as being too heavy for us to gather useful results
Thats me out then, We do 30+ consistently thanks to Steam, Iplayer etc.

Nice idea though.

Ask a Question