"safely remove hardware" and my HDD

Eddie G

The '"safely remove hardware" icon is in my system tray and when I
click on it it lists my hard drive as being safe to remove. I have
just one HDD which is plugged into the SATA 1 port on the mobo. How do
I get Windows to NOT show the "safely remove hardware" icon?

Thanks!!

Eddie G

Eddie G

Multi post is when you post the same thing in the same newsgroup more
than once and cross posting is when you post the same thing in 2 or
more newsgroups.

Is there a reason that I do not see my post in the windowsxp.general
NG.

Ken Blake, MVP

Eddie said:
Multi post is when you post the same thing in the same newsgroup more
than once and cross posting is when you post the same thing in 2 or
more newsgroups.

No. Multiposting is posting the same message separately to more than one
newsgroup. Crossposting is posting a single message , but addressed to
multiple newsgroups. Here's my standar post about multiposting:

Please do not send the same message separately to more than one newsgroup
(called multiposting). Doing so just fragments the thread, so someone who
answers in one newsgroup doesn't get to see answers from others in another
newsgroup. And for those who read all the newsgroups the message is
multiposted to, they see the message multiple times instead of once (they
would see it only once if you correctly crossposted instead). This wastes
everyone's time, and gets you poorer help than you should get.

If you must send the same message to more than one newsgroup, please do so
by crossposting (but only to a *few* related newsgroups).

Please see "What is the accepted way to share a message across multiple
newsgroups?" at http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html

Is there a reason that I do not see my post in the windowsxp.general
NG.

You are posting through Googlegroups, and I can't tell you why you can't see
your message there. Google is a terrific way to search for and find
particular messages, but it's a poor tool for actively participate in a
newsgoup, sending messages yourself. Do yourself a favor and switch to a
newsreader, such as Outlook Express, which comes with Windows. See

Eddie G

Ken Blake said:
[...]

Thanks, Ken. I usually use OE as my newsreader but the system I was on is a
new build for someone so I did not want to configure an email account on
that system.

BTW I resolved the issue myself. My mobo has an Nvidia chipset and I just
uninstalled the Nvidia IDE drivers and am using the Windows IDE drivers, and
all is well.

Eddie

Ken Blake, MVP

Eddie said:
"Ken Blake, MVP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Thanks, Ken. I usually use OE as my newsreader but the system I was
on is a new build for someone so I did not want to configure an email
account on that system.

You're welcome, but you might want to note for the future that you can use
Outlook Express for newsgroups without setting up an E-mail account. Just
start OE from a shortcut with the command line

msimn /newsonly

BTW I resolved the issue myself. My mobo has an Nvidia chipset and I
just uninstalled the Nvidia IDE drivers and am using the Windows IDE
drivers, and all is well.

Great, glad to hear that it's fixed.