Runtime error /syntax error

alec

Almost 905 of the time i open a page in IE6 I get
A Runtime error has occured
do you wish to debug
Line : 1
Error: Syntax error

I click no and continue on with no problem, but the error
pops up almost every time.

DVarnau

alec,
From IE> Tools> Options> Advanced...
Check "Disable script debugging" and uncheck "Display a notification about
every script error."

Don

dgbishop

The following advice from another thread worked for me today. Rather
than changing the browser settings, I downloaded Windows Script 5.6.
After rebooting, the problem has gone away.

From: H Leboeuf ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Runtime error when IE6 opens Yahoo pages

Common script errors messages can be eliminated by Clicking:
Menu: Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
--

You may have to update your script engine.
Microsoft's Scripting download

Henri Leboeuf