Runtime Error 203

Reaction score
with the indirect.ext-function (free add-in morefunc.xla) I was able to create one central file which shows me the figures of the month for all coupled xls-files (more than 700 files coupled to one central file)
Every month i change the figures in circa 100 files. The central file gives me a quick review of the grand total of each month.
A macro checks in the central file whether there's a figure available for that month. If so it opens the file, prints it out, then closes the file and goes back to the central file.
On my previous computer this macro worked out perfect. (Toshiba with OS Windows 2000 + office 2000)
Since i've installed it onto my new laptop HP-COMPAQ NC8430 with OS Windows XP + SP2 / office version 11 the indirect.ext function works good and shows me the figures of each month.
But when i run my macro to print out all active sheets for one month, i get following errors:
FIRST ERROR: sheet '103.7.xls' cannot be accessed, the file may be read-only, or you might be trying to access a read-only location. Or the server the document is stored on may not be responding.
SECOND ERROR: Runtime error 203 at 7FEE26FC

I've checked the macro, but since it worked perfect on Office 2000, i assume it has to work good on 2003.
I've checked on other computers as well, but it crashes on all.
I've checked if some files were marked as read only, but none of them were.
I think it has to relate to the runtime error 203.

Ask a Question