Reverting to SP1.

Discussion in 'Windows XP Basics' started by William Lurie, Feb 9, 2011.

  1. I still have not solved the mystery of how to simply 'reply' to a
    message posted here. That's why I'm unfortunately starting a new
    thread......not even knowing if it will post.

    Tim Meddick wrote:

    > If U have a reasonably large hard-disk (today's PC's are usually sized
    > 160GB as standard and 300GB to be described as extra-large), then you
    > could re-size your current system partition on your hd and make a
    > smaller partition to install your original copy of XP again - but
    > [obviously] do not upgrade it to SP3. The second XP installation should
    > appear on the XP Boot/Startup menu as another operating system. Use
    > this second XP installation to install your older printer, and also,
    > when you need to print something off.

    All good except that the machine came with XP installed, there just
    ain't no installation disk, Tim.

    > But, I would seriously advise that, before going to the trouble of
    > creating your dual-boot system, that you try to find a friend who has XP
    > SP1 and see if the printer and it's drivers will install correctly.
    > But, if you can't find another XP SP1 installation, it's easier to
    > reverse the dual-boot procedure than to create it.

    Don't need to, Tim...the scanner served well back in the SP1 days.
    How troublesome would uninstalling SP3/SP2 be?

    William Lurie, Feb 9, 2011

  2. William Lurie

    VanguardLH Guest

    William Lurie wrote:

    > I still have not solved the mystery of how to simply 'reply' to a
    > message posted here. That's why I'm unfortunately starting a new
    > thread......not even knowing if it will post.

    Select the post to which you wish to reply. Hit the Reply button in the
    toolbar. Do NOT click the "Write" button to reply. Write starts a new
    thread in newsgroups just like it creates a new e-mail.

    VanguardLH, Feb 9, 2011

  3. VanguardLH wrote:
    > William Lurie wrote:

    >> I still have not solved the mystery of how to simply 'reply' to a
    >> message posted here. That's why I'm unfortunately starting a new
    >> thread......not even knowing if it will post.

    > Select the post to which you wish to reply. Hit the Reply button in the
    > toolbar. Do NOT click the "Write" button to reply. Write starts a new
    > thread in newsgroups just like it creates a new e-mail.

    I'm trying that now. Just as you said. If it goes, the time is 9:17 P.M.....

    William Lurie, Feb 10, 2011