Results Status Query

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, after looking through my results status i found a couple of things i dont like.

I found one thats Invalid, and two Inconclusive..... :(

Can anyone tell me what this means? I had a quick look on the WCG website and didn't find anything to explain it.

The Invalid job.

ek050_07, Sent back on - 02/03/2006 07:13:22, CPU Time - 14.79, Claimed and Granted BOINC Credit - 289 / 146

The Inconclusive jobs. :(

faah0175_ diversity0854_ x6189_ 03, Sent Back at 02/09/2006 06:01:01, CPU Time 5.32, Claimed and Granted BOINC Credit - 104 / 0

ek302_08, Sent Back on - 02/07/2006 07:20:34, CPU time - 7.45, Claimed and Granted BOINC Credit - 146 / 0

I'll post here first because someone may know if something's wrong. Then i'll try the WCG Forum.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not had anything like this before V_R :( Were they all consecutive jobs?

Reaction score
I have had a few but unlike V-R they only ran for 5 Mins two of them:confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Not had anything like this before V_R :( Were they all consecutive jobs?
Sorry Ian, should have posted a bit more info. I have edited the first post to include the date and job type etc, and to keep all the info in the same place.
The dates are not consecutive no....
Maybe that will help? :)

I see they were all early morning returns, so its definatly not a restart or some thing similar messing it up.

:( :confused:

phicksus

Sweet and Innocent
Reaction score
I have one that is inconclusive and it ran for 4hours.

Only thing I saw that looked odd was this

Skipping checkpointing of structure 1000
wcg_finish(): Last checkpoint never written. Writing last checkpoint.
Starting checkpoint of structure: 999
Completed Checkpoint of structure 999
Rosetta finishing with return code: 0

:blush:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I looked at the text file they produce, and didn't see any thing amiss. :)

I got a reply from one of the Admin guys though.

V_R,

The invalid result means that the information that you sent back to the server did not validate against the other workunit results that have come back from other members. You still recieve credit for this, as shown by the 146 points you received for ek050_07.

Your two inconclusive results...these have not been validated yet. They are label inconclusive because the minimum amount of results needed to be returned back for validation has happened. This means that the quorum needed to validate a workunit has not been met. Usually this is caused by one or more results being invalid and not comparing to the other results.

Hope this helps,
-U

Kinda clears it up i guess..... :)

Ask a Question